Playing the sims 2 bon voyage from virtual drive

I’ve used alcohol 120 to mount an image so that I can play The Sims 2 Bon Voyage. I’ve done things the way that I’ve done previously (mounted and played The Sims 2 Pets & Seasons), but it isn’t working. Can someone please help?

Welcome cocomo127,

scan the installation folder for the used protection and post your result here. How did you create the copy and is the game on CD or DVD?

Thanks for responding. How do I scan the installation folder? The game is on cd and I used Alcohol 120.

I selected “Image Making Wizard.” and on datatype, I selected “Safedisk 2/3/4.” Then on the main screen I right clicked and selected “Mount on Device.” After that I loaded daemon tools and sd4 hide.

I assume you already installed the game on your PC using the setup routine for this sims title which also has a default installation path which is the installation folder. I would suggest using protection id how this can be done is explained here.

[I]edit:[/I] I see you should update to latest Alcohol and DTools version and use yasu instead of sd4hide. Before you do this restore all settings to default with sd4hide and don’t use both tools at the same time. Latest yasu can be found here http://yasu.copybase.org/ and read the instructions before you use it!

I scanned all of my expansion packs and I noticed that beginning with the last stuff pack the copy protection switched over to SecuROM. Could that be why I’m having problems?

[15:35:44 PM] — File(s) Scan Finished [18.40s] —
[15:36:02 PM] SecuROM detected -> D:\Sims2EP6_1 [C464CF19]
[15:38:44 PM] SafeDisc 3.20.024 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin\Sims2.exe
[15:39:11 PM] SafeDisc 4.60.000 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Celebration! Stuff\TSBin\Sims2SP4.exe
[15:39:36 PM] SafeDisc 4.60.000 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff\TSBin\Sims2SP1.exe
[15:39:52 PM] SafeDisc 4.60.000 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff\TSBin\Sims2SP2.exe
[15:40:11 PM] SecuROM 7.00.00.0310 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 H&M® Fashion Stuff\TSBin\Sims2SP5.exe
[15:40:38 PM] SafeDisc 4.00.001 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSBin\Sims2EP2.exe
[15:40:57 PM] SafeDisc 4.60.000 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSBin\Sims2EP3.exe
[15:41:13 PM] SafeDisc 4.60.000 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSBin\Sims2EP4.exe
[15:41:32 PM] SafeDisc 4.60.000 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSBin\Sims2EP5.exe
[15:41:49 PM] SafeDisc 4.00.001 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSBin\Sims2EP1.exe
[15:41:58 PM] — File(s) Scan Finished [151.65s] —

EA has switched from safedisc to securom as its copy protection method in recent months.

So which protection is used on sims 2 bon voyage I couldn’t find it in your list?

oops sorry wrong post :flower:

securom 7.34.00xx i think it was…

Well, I assume its securom because of this message: SecuROM detected -> D:\Sims2EP6_1 [C464CF19]

Sims2EP6 is Bon Voyage.

Get http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

And enjoy

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/index.php? is the home page… Not download link

You scanned your installation folder or the disc as it’s showing drive D and not C as your other games? Anyway it’s SecuROM follow this guide, good luck.

I tried everything in the guide and it said- please insert the original disk not a backup. I’m assuming there’s no way to play the game in a virtual drive. I haven’t tried to burn the blindright image to cd to see if it can make a backup.This is disappointing.

Already tried the new DTools version?