Playing Problem On Panasonic EZ27K Dvd Recorder

vbimport

When using DVD FAB platinum 4.1 to burn Movies to A Dvd + R Dl When I Insert The Dvd In My Panasonic Dvd Recorder/player, It Reads It And Then Stops-never Goes Into Play Mode- Same Disc however Does Work On A Sony Dvd Player. Suggestions? Thank You.

[QUOTE=NAMRON60;2012363]When using DVD FAB platinum 4.1 to burn Movies to A Dvd + R Dl When I Insert The Dvd In My Panasonic Dvd Recorder/player, It Reads It And Then Stops-never Goes Into Play Mode- Same Disc however Does Work On A Sony Dvd Player. Suggestions? Thank You.[/QUOTE]

Set Booktype to DVD-Rom…in common settings

Thanks, however after changing the settings as you recommended it did not correct the proplem- Still does not go into Play mode. Wasted alot of discs.

[QUOTE=NAMRON60;2012767]Thanks, however after changing the settings as you recommended it did not correct the proplem- Still does not go into Play mode. Wasted alot of discs.[/QUOTE]

Are you using Packet writing or SAO writing ,…you should be using the SAO writing
hard giving help know little details like your settings and media you are using just saying DVD+R not enough some brands give lots of trouble during playback

[quote=StormJumper;2012785]Are you using Packet writing or SAO writing ,…you should be using the SAO writing
hard giving help know little details like your settings and media you are using just saying DVD+R not enough some brands give lots of trouble during playback[/quote]
Excuse my ignorance but what is SAO or Packet? I think the problem lies somewhere in the internal writing portion of DVD Platinum. Thanks again. I am using various brands of DVD +R Dual Layer discs.

[QUOTE=NAMRON60;2012980]Excuse my ignorance but what is SAO or Packet? I think the problem lies somewhere in the internal writing portion of DVD Platinum. Thanks again. I am using various brands of DVD +R Dual Layer discs.[/QUOTE]

They are different methods of writing to your disk and are selected in the settings of DVD Fab Platinum.

Also, it has been said MANY times here on this forum that only Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden disks will give consistently good burns.

Perhaps another of my colleagues here can direct you to a discussion on the subject.

[QUOTE=NAMRON60;2012980]Excuse my ignorance but what is SAO or Packet? I think the problem lies somewhere in the internal writing portion of DVD Platinum. Thanks again. I am using various brands of DVD +R Dual Layer discs.[/QUOTE]

SAO and Packet writing is the layout of how data is wrote,…“internal writing portion” you might say
just open common settings and click on write on the left side look at the write type if it says PACKET writing then open the drop down window and change it to SAO and try it you have nothing to lose RIGHT

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2012991]They are different methods of writing to your disk and are selected in the settings of DVD Fab Platinum.

Also, it has been said MANY times here on this forum that only Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden disks will give consistently good burns.

Perhaps another of my colleagues here can direct you to a discussion on the subject.[/QUOTE]

colleagues geuss that leaves me out:bigsmile:

You in that SmartAr… mood again today?

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2013004]You in that SmartAr… mood again today?[/QUOTE]

:bigsmile: only with you my friend :flower:…only with you :wink:

it may simply be that your panasonic recorder cannot handle +r DL.

Panasonic dvd recorders have a reputation for being fussy. I owned one ( different model number to yours) which would use +r or - r itself, but would not play any -r from my PC unless that disc was 100% full. And it would not record to a +RW that I’d erased on the PC, it had to be fed a +RW with old content and allowed to do the erase itself before it would reuse.

So to sum up I think the Panasonic has problems with the unused parts of some formats & decides that It cant read the disc. IF your DL disc reads OK on another player and OK on your PC then it’s fair to assume that the disc has been written to DVD specs and that it’s the Panasonic that’s at fault. Maybe look around for a PAnasonic forum & ask there ?