Playing downlaoded torrents

I can hear, but cannot see downloaded movie torrents. I am using windows media player, but only see wierd lines kinda like a radio equalizer effect.
what should I do. I am using windows media player on vista. Thank you for any response.

I hope you have legal rights to the movies you downloaded :wink:
What kind of video player are you using? And what format are the movies in?

[QUOTE=black-irish;2210232]I can hear, but cannot see downloaded movie torrents. I am using windows media player, but only see wierd lines kinda like a radio equalizer effect.
what should I do. I am using windows media player on vista. Thank you for any response.[/QUOTE]

Put it this way you downloaded bad sources files that don’t play or was encoded improperly. Being that WMP won’t recognize the file itself. Maybe you should try VLC if VLC won’t play it the file you have is garbage and time to delete it.

I do. i purchased it with the movie. I am using windows media player/vista. It is an avi file. Thanks for any help.

Install the latest codecs from Divx.com for WMP.

Otherwise, VLC or MPC HC would be good alternatives.

Get your codecs here ^^^.

Download VLC Media player.

Tip: Don’t just go to random torrent sites. Find 3 or 4 that are “respectable” and download just from them. My recommendations are mininova.org, thepiratebay.org, and isohunt.com. Never download anything that has a “password here” file attached.

I find K-Lite codec pack works excellent. I’ve used it all the time since i’ve been referred to it from a friend. http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

[QUOTE=talldude123;2215508]I find K-Lite codec pack works excellent. I’ve used it all the time since i’ve been referred to it from a friend. http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm[/QUOTE]

While I have never had any issues with K-Lite, it has been known to cause problems on some systems and it installs more apps and codecs than you need…leading to clutter on your HDD and registry. It’s best to simply installed only the codec needed.

talldude is right.Media Player Classic works just as fine as VLC Player

[QUOTE=Dogg;2212644]Install the latest codecs from Divx.com for WMP.

Otherwise, VLC or MPC HC would be good alternatives.[/QUOTE]
Xvid would be a better choice.