Playing copied dvds

i just got started into dvd coping, i want to back up my dvd movie collection. is there a blank dvd type which is better for this or are generic -r blanks ok? i am using dvd copy pro, is this program sufficent or is there something better? i was able to back up dvd, and it plays on computer fine but not on dvd player. any help is greatly appreciated.

pacer

Hi Pacer, and a big welcome to the forum. I suspect your problem has as much to do with your stand-alone DVD player as it does with your media. Many of them will not play some, or any type of, burnable media. The rule with all media is to get the best stuff you can. Verbatim and Fuji are most popular. You can also consult the DVD test forum to see what’s performing well for others.

I’m moving this to the hardware forum in hopes that those folks can offer some advice on getting your back-ups to play.

welcome pacer …

just wondering what your dvd player is …cause some can play burnt dvds and some cant …so model would be good to know …

also i have noticed when I backup cd’s that +R do alot better …but that is just me …I hvae backed up alot of movies …all the kids …

I use fuji just better quality …

also here is link that i have done for newbies and it should help ya

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75471

u have any questions feel free …look at my signature …

also I use nero 5.5.10.42 but you can use 5.5.10.28 thru 5.5.10.45 … I tried other version but ran into problems … and that is how you do it …

hope this helps …

cheers

keep us posted

Also you can go to www.DVDrhelp.com,it has loads of info on what works with what. Welcome!!!:cool:

i thank all of you for your quick responses. i will check into the links advised.
the dvd player i tried them on is a “ge” not sure of model#

thanks again

i will post my results:)