Playing audio cd on computer player

vbimport

I have an audio music cd that plays ok on my stereo cd player but when i play it on my computer player it is staticy/jerky. Any ideas?:smiley:

It sounds like the drive is worn out or dirty lens and should be cleaned. Otherwise it doesn’t like the media or is of poor quality the drive doesn’t like it. And since you didn’t say what software plays it on the compute it to general of a question to be of much help???

COOLCOLORS—

It sounds like the drive is worn out or dirty lens and should be cleaned. Otherwise it doesn’t like the media or is of poor quality the drive doesn’t like it. And since you didn’t say what software plays it on the compute it to general of a question to be of much help???

Thanks for your reply. The computer is only young, but i will buy a lens cleaner, [B]any suggestions on which type?[/B] It`s a Bill Cosby CD (see attached) named 200 m.p.h from the library, maybe that has something to do with it being jerky, but as i said it plays great on my Pioneer stereo CD player.

Are there a lot of scratches on the disk? If so you might try the Pledge trick…spray on a light coat of Pledge furniture wax, then buff it (in to out, not round and round the disk). This sometimes helps with playback. Your computer drive may just be a little sensitive to scratches and not a particularly good reader.

The only method of cleaning the lens I would use would be to disassemble the drive partially (take the metal cover off the top), then clean the lens with a Qtip and a very small amount of isopropyl alcohol.

By the way, “the boys in them Chevy’s are gonna go crazy when they see these PIPES”. :slight_smile:
At one time I had most of Cosby’s early albums memorized. The Chickenheart that ate NY City was a favorite. :smiley:

Kerry56—

Are there a lot of scratches on the disk? If so you might try the Pledge trick…spray on a light coat of Pledge furniture wax, then buff it (in to out, not round and round the disk). This sometimes helps with playback. Your computer drive may just be a little sensitive to scratches and not a particularly good reader.

The only method of cleaning the lens I would use would be to disassemble the drive partially (take the metal cover off the top), then clean the lens with a Qtip and a very small amount of isopropyl alcohol.

By the way, “the boys in them Chevy’s are gonna go crazy when they see these PIPES”.
At one time I had most of Cosby’s early albums memorized. The Chickenheart that ate NY City was a favorite.
Thanks—Ive seen worse, (attached) a bit hard to see.Some library borrowers can be very neglectful. Are the lens cleaning discs ok to use? I dont understand your>"By the way, “the boys in them Chevy’s are gonna go crazy when they see these[B] PIPES”[/B]. :smiley:

You need to listen to the album to get the quote. Its from that album, where he’s describing the new car he’s just bought.

Most of us around here would not recommend the lens cleaning disks.

Kerry56—

You need to listen to the album to get the quote. Its from that album, where he’s describing the new car he’s just bought.

Most of us around here would not recommend the lens cleaning disks.

Thank You. I tried some other commercial audio cds and there`s no problem. So, must be that Bill Cosby CD and my computer CD player. Are the lens cleaning discs [B][FONT=“Book Antiqua”]not effective?[/FONT][/B]:cool:

Depending on the brand, I’ve read a few threads where lens cleaning disks made things worse. Usually the results show no difference after using one.