Playing a backup DVD

vbimport

Hi all this is my deal…I back up my DVD’s to a network drive where I store my DVD movie backups. All is fine works great. What I would like to know is. When I back up the DVD it creates 2 folders

AUDIO_TS
VIDEO_TS

How do I make just one so when I click on it…it plays. Also what is the best player to use for viewing movies on my PC?

I want to create a website on my local intranet with one page setup with a list of my movies and a link that when clicked will launch the movie.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. :bow:

How big are these files? Do you want to have the whole Dvd or do you want movie only? I won’t say it’s the best, but VLC Media Player works for me.

Well they average about 4Gigs. I prefer the whole DVD. And I tried VLC but I think I need a better codec pack. If you know of a better pack that would be great. :slight_smile:

VLC doesn’t rely on outside codecs.

Another free player for playing dvds is Media Player Classic.

The commercial players work well too, including PowerDVD, WinDVD and Arcsoft TotalMedia Theater.

By the way, if you have to use a codec pack, look at CCCP or Klite, but don’t tell anyone I recommended codec packs :wink:

You could use ImgBurn to create an ISO, (create image file from files/folders), Then you could get rid of both the AUDIO & VIDEO TS folders. After you downloaded & installed the latest VLC, all you would have to do is click on the ISO, play with VLC, as stated recquires no help while other players do.

You can also make ISO image files as you decrypt and rip to the hard drive. DVDFab HD Decrypter can do this, and if the copy protection isn’t a very advanced type, DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter can also rip to an ISO.

Beef and I are playing hopscotch by the way.

Ok so a few things here. I converted to ISO with DVD FAB and I can watch with VLC. Also I can watch the movie after backing up to my network drive the way I was before using this program called AVS DVD Player. This one is for Vista which I have on my laptop.

So now I have to good ways of watching movies. One player for my XP rig and another for the Vista rig. LOL whatever works I guess right. Anyway thanks to all for you prompt response and very useful solutions…much appreciated. :bow:

Now I just need to figure out the best way to stream the movies to three different rooms. The living room will be the main viewing room because it has the big screen. The good news is I just finished rewiring my house and everything is running on gigabit. Servers and the 2 NAS units are on fiber, everything else is cat6.

Glad you got it done.