Player

vbimport

Hi Folks,
My problem ( one of many ) concerns playing DVD’s ( rentals ) on my DVD burner! I was under the impression, from a post on one of these boards , that the DivX player could play rental DVD’s on my computer usine the NEC DVD/ CD/CDRW burner that I have just installed. BUT when I put a DVD in it, the choices menue comes up and when I click on play I get the message " Key exchange for DVD copy protection failed ". What gives? If Divx does not work, are there any freeware downloads that would work??Thanks.

Chuck :sad:

use vlc , http://www.videolan.org/

I downloaded AVSmedia player and installed it, It plays a Pirated copy of a film BUT it will not play a DVD that I just rented!! Why??

Time to read the forum rules, I think!

Was thinking the same thing

Ok. I’m asking a simple question concernig a legally obtained ( freeware ) copy of Divx, a legally obtained rental DVD, and a purchased DVD burner. I’m not asking how to pirate anything nor do I want to! If I’m breaking a rule please tell me what it is and I’ll stop and YES I have read the rules, etc.
Chuck

Ok. I’m asking a simple question concernig a legally obtained ( freeware ) copy of Divx, a legally obtained rental DVD, and a purchased DVD burner. I’m not asking how to pirate anything nor do I want to! If I’m breaking a rule please tell me what it is and I’ll stop and YES I have read the rules, etc.
Chuck

Protection has nothing to do with playing the protected disc in any medium your problem comes from some thing else. The protection is there to prevent copying the DVD disc not playing it.

Correct, I’m not trying to copy it only play it on my PC. Are you saying that a protected DVD will not play on the PC even if a DVD player is installed?

Is the region code on the player the same as the disk

It’s quite simple: just don’t mention again the pirated copies of films you may or may not have. Especially if they are not relevant to the problem. :rolleyes:

1. Turn off autoplay. 2) Start the player software (VLC, PowerDVD, or whatever). 3) Insert disk. 4) Hit play. 5) Always, Always, Always listen to the voices of experience, and read & obey the rules…:bow: