Player records in black and white for some reason

have a Panasonic DMR-ES30V. Both parts have recorders. I have a VHS I want to put onto DVD. I keep trying to record it (or use the dubbing option which also should work) but it keeps getting recorded in black and white. Someone suggested,

‘your source is playing in PAL
and your destination is playing in NTSC ir vice versa’

I’m not sure 100% if by source they mean the video, or some setting on the player, but I tried both a PAL VHS and a NTSC VHS.

Also, I know this can’t be some copyright thing, because VHS is a recordable.

Also, when I try to record just the tv, like the news or something, it works perfectly fine.

I’ve noticed though that when I’m playing a video, if I press ‘DVD’ on the controller, and tends to start playing in black and white, and I have to press ‘VHS’ again, to get it back to color.

I also have a different VHS player, if there’s someway to hook up that to the dvd recorder, that might make it work for some reason?

Can someone please help me? I really, want to get this video on to DVD before it gets too old to be watchable.

[QUOTE=l3club;2454136]have a Panasonic DMR-ES30V. Both parts have recorders. I have a VHS I want to put onto DVD. I keep trying to record it (or use the dubbing option which also should work) but it keeps getting recorded in black and white. Someone suggested,

‘your source is playing in PAL
and your destination is playing in NTSC ir vice versa’

I’m not sure 100% if by source they mean the video, or some setting on the player, but I tried both a PAL VHS and a NTSC VHS.

Also, I know this can’t be some copyright thing, because VHS is a recordable.

Also, when I try to record just the tv, like the news or something, it works perfectly fine.

I’ve noticed though that when I’m playing a video, if I press ‘DVD’ on the controller, and tends to start playing in black and white, and I have to press ‘VHS’ again, to get it back to color.

I also have a different VHS player, if there’s someway to hook up that to the dvd recorder, that might make it work for some reason?

Can someone please help me? I really, want to get this video on to DVD before it gets too old to be watchable.[/QUOTE]

See this recent thread:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f106/connections-297304/#post2414962