Playback prohibited by area limitations

vbimport

I recently purchased a Sony DVP-SR200P CD/DVD Player.
I have downloaded movies using utorrent, converted to play in a DVD player, burned to disc using Nero, and when I try to play the disc in my DVD player, the following message appears: Playback prohitited by area limitations.
Is there anything I can do to enable these discs to play or prevent the problem in the first place?

You probably need to set Nero to burn disks coded for your region. In the USA and Canada that’s Region 1.

thanx, I’ll check that out!

[QUOTE=lizdearing;2478077]thanx, I’ll check that out![/QUOTE]

Hi lizdearing
Welcome to the forum :flower:

I normally don’t help someone who downloads using utorrent but 'tis that time of year, olyteddy may be correct however since this issue is related to utorrent download I would suspect the file/files you downloaded may be in PAL form and not NTSC in which case setting the region code may not work but rather you’ll have to convert from PAL to NTSC.

converted to play in a DVD player

Maybe the OP should have used an app that will convert from PAL->NTSC in the process…
ConvertxtoDVD, DVDflick, etc…

"tis the season, Merry Christmas!..

My thought was based on some rants I’ve read regarding Sony’s refusing region free disks.

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2478224]Maybe the OP should have used an app that will convert from PAL->NTSC in the process…
ConvertxtoDVD, DVDflick, etc…

"tis the season, Merry Christmas!..[/QUOTE]

DVD Flick is what I use :bigsmile:
BTW Happy Holidays my friend :flower: