Playback problems with +R dvds

Hi all,
I hope this is ok on this thread.I’m Paul and I have a DVD+R machine,a Prosound.I sometimes record items to disc for friends,and very often they come back saying they can’t view it on their machine.What are the rules here? would it mean that their machine is a DVD-R,and it can’t play DVD+R’s.How does this work?

thanks,

Paul

paul_gr
I’ve moved your inquiry into your own thread. Hope you don’t mind, but your situation is slightly different from the thread you posted in. You are using a stand alone dvd recorder yes? Not a drive in a computer?

Are you finalizing the disks you burn? Look in the manual of the recorder to see the steps necessary to do this.

Most dvd players can playback disks burned on either +R or -R disks…at least this is true for most modern equipment.

HI Kerry,
THanks for that message.When I play the discs back on the machine I recorded them on, a Prosound DVR 9000 DX,they play fine.THat’s why I thought it might be a format problem.

Paul

And that is why I think it is a finalization problem. Disks made with stand alone units will playback on that unit without finalization, but won’t do so on other players/drives.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2300649]And that is why I think it is a finalization problem. Disks made with stand alone units will playback on that unit without finalization, but won’t do so on other players/drives.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a finalization problem to me also , had the same problem when I first started doing my VHS to DVD.
Finally read how to finalize a disc and all have been good since.

Hi Kerry&Bean.
Ok,so assuming it’s a finalization problem-Is there a site to read up on that?

thanks,

Paul

paul_gr

You will need to google your model number if you do not have the instruction manual that came with it.
Most have a little chapter on Finalizing a disc.

It could be a finalization problem or you might just have outdated equipment. The DVD on the second floor on my home can play DVD-R but not DVD+R also.