Playback problem after burning movie to DVD

vbimport

I have tried to burn movies numerous of times after being downloaded using Nero 7. There is no problem with the burning process. I go to try and play in 2 different DVD players, my Sony blu-ray & LG (for 5.1) doesn’t play. But I will pop it into my PS3 and she has played perfectly every time. So im asking if i’m burning in right format for any dvd player today? The previous vid formats i have been trying to burn have been AVI video files

Do you burn the discs as a DVD-Video standard (meaning a AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directory on the disc with a lot of .VOB files) or do you burn them as DVD-Data standard (meaning a lot of .AVI files)?

uumm…I’m new to this. So when I open Nero I click on create a data DVD, going to try and burn to a DVD -RW. When i click on create a video CD/Super Video wont let me burn the whole movie, since the movie is about a 1GB

So, you made a data dvd. I guess your BD player can’t read .AVI files.

If you convert that .AVI file to DVD-Video (that’s an entirely different format) you probably can read the disc in your BD player.

I recommend studying a lot on how to convert these. Read around this forum a lot. It would take days for me to explain to you personally what to do.

[QUOTE=awestwood86;2479859]I have tried to burn movies numerous of times after being downloaded using Nero 7. There is no problem with the burning process. I go to try and play in 2 different DVD players, my Sony blu-ray & LG (for 5.1) doesn’t play. But I will pop it into my PS3 and she has played perfectly every time. So im asking if i’m burning in right format for any dvd player today? The previous vid formats i have been trying to burn have been AVI video files[/QUOTE]

What I have to ask is the movies what format were they when you first started DVD movie format or another format? This would be good to know so we know where to start from? How updated is your Nero 7 version? What type of media and burner did you use to burn them and if their firmware is updated as well? What I don’t get is what do you mean “downloaded using Nero 7”?? Just cause it burn doesn’t mean it will work that kinda a slippery slope some will burn or looks like it burns but doesn’t play and some will. This is from my experience so you need to really limited yourself to using the computer when you burn cause burning takes alot of computing resources. If your going from dvd to dvd then it shouldn’t be a problem but as before since I have no idea what kinda source your using it’s hard to know where to start??