Playback pauses every 40 seconds

I am new to this so please be patient. I am trying to burn a dvd using my dvd burner it is a TSST Corp TS-H653B using Roxio software. (Dell pc)

I have 16x speed dvds and have set Roxio to burn at 16x and 8x speeds and close the file at 1.02 UDF. The playback keeps pausing every 40 seconds interupting the flow of the movie.

Any tips?

Thanks,
John

Try using Imgburn for your burning it works great and it is free. What brand of media are you using for your burns? What program are you using for play back?

I will download and try imgburn. I am burning onto Maxell dvd+r and playing back on my dvd player hooked-up to my tv.

Thanks for the response,
John

is this problem with playback on your computer?

If so it sounds like a RAM issue.

AD

[QUOTE=brotherblues;2206127]I will download and try imgburn. I am burning onto Maxell dvd+r and playing back on my dvd player hooked-up to my tv.

Thanks for the response,
John[/QUOTE]

Make sure to set the booktype to DVD-Rom in Imgburn and burn at half the disks rated speed.

Allan,

I am playing back on a standard DVD player, not a computer, that I use for rented movies, etc.

John

Burn at 8x or even 4x, change the software as was adviced. If the problem still persists, try another medium.