Playback on laptop

I have a Pioneer DVR-225. It records fine and plays back fine on TV’s. But I am having difficulty playing back on my laptop, and would like to work with these videos to post on youtube or facebook, and I can’t.

Cynchi

Some information first please. What make and model laptop do you have? What operating system? What brand of blank DVD do you use? At what speed do you burn the DVD’s?

and what player program are you using?

Laptop - Toshiba Satelite L-25
OS - Windows XP
DVD’s - Magnavox DVD-R
I am not sure about the speed, I think its “fine”.

Thanks
Cynchi

[QUOTE=Whappo;2220658]Some information first please. What make and model laptop do you have? What operating system? What brand of blank DVD do you use? At what speed do you burn the DVD’s?[/QUOTE]

I tried Windows Movie Maker, I tried Quick Time, and I tried Real Player, and WMP.

Thanks
Cynchi

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;2220665]and what player program are you using?[/QUOTE]

Have you finalized the disks properly?

If you go to My Computer, with a disk in the drive, can you see the title of the movie show up on the drive icon? Can you right click on the drive and Explore the disk?

Try playing with VLC media player. It can play dvds and doesn’t rely on any outside codecs. www.videolan.org

When I insert the disc, I get a drop down menu for options," play with…",
or open in Explorer, which I did and the name of the file is “Video_TS”, then when I open that I get 10 files with .VOP, .BUP, .IFO. I can’t import any of these into Windows Movie Maker.

Thank You
Cynchi

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2220703]Have you finalized the disks properly?

If you go to My Computer, with a disk in the drive, can you see the title of the movie show up on the drive icon? Can you right click on the drive and Explore the disk?

Try playing with VLC media player. It can play dvds and doesn’t rely on any outside codecs. www.videolan.org[/QUOTE]

Please follow Kerry’s advice and download and install VLC…it’s free and will play just about anything. Link in Kerry’s post and in my sig.

Just left click on the VLC icon > left click on file > left click on [B]Open Directory[/B] and browse to the disc.
This will open the disc as any software player would, so that you have access to the menu and related navigation.