Playback feature may not be available on this disk?

Hi guys,
Just bought a new computer with Vista. After a couple weeks of trying to backup my dvds i finally figured out that my old nero 6 was no good and upgraded to nero 8. Using dvd shrink and nero 8 i would go through the process of backing up my disk just as i have over the past 3-4 years. Only now for some reason my backups with only play in computers. Every stand alone dvd player I try I get a message that says “disk error: Play back feature may not be available on this disk”. Was just wondering if anybody knew how i could fix this?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I use Taiyo Yuden -r dvds and I know my dvd players play these disks just fine. Dont know if that helps

To exclude a software issue, try this: Save an ISO file with DVD Shrink, and then burn the ISO with nero or any burning software you like (I suggest to use ImgBurn).

This should solve.

[QUOTE=ryanch;1922997]Hi guys,
Just bought a new computer with Vista. After a couple weeks of trying to backup my dvds i finally figured out that my old nero 6 was no good and upgraded to nero 8. Using dvd shrink and nero 8 i would go through the process of backing up my disk just as i have over the past 3-4 years. Only now for some reason my backups with only play in computers. Every stand alone dvd player I try I get a message that says “disk error: Play back feature may not be available on this disk”. Was just wondering if anybody knew how i could fix this?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I rented a dvd from a red box and when I put the dvd in my dvd player it gave me that same message. So I called red box customer service and was told that a blu ray dvd will not play in a regular dvd player. I did not know the dvd I rented was blu ray because it was not labeled blu ray. To play a blu ray dvd you have to use a blu ray dvd player.