Play All not working, etc

vbimport

AG project Problems

1. “Play all” (buttons in VTS 1 PGCs 1 & 2) doesn’t work. At the end of playing a title, the DVD just returns to the relevant menu and does not play the next title.

2. The relevant title menu button is not highlight
    in the root menu PGC (VTS 1 PGC1)when returning to it if using the title menu button while playing titles VMG titles 2-16. Sometimes buttons 2 or 3 will be highlight rather than always button 1. However, it does highlight correctly the relevant buttons for titles 17 & 18.

3. When using the back button in VTS 1 menus PGC 3 the consequent highlighting is not working as I want it to. At present after pressing button 8 in Menu in VTS 1 PGC 3, DVD navigates to PGC 2 menu (in VTS 1) and then highlights button 8 NOT button 1.

What I want to happen is that after pressing button 8 in Menu in VTS 1 PGC 3, DVD navigates to PGC 2 and highlights button 1.

I have uploaded a minisample of the project to SaveFile.com - the URL is: http://savefile.com/files/1889548

This DVD is badly authored. Did you modify it in any way? Surely the original is not like this other than the hidden buttons in the main menu.

Rather than answering your questions individually, I’m just going to propose the changes overall, as I find other areas that may need to be modified.

Here are the steps:

[ol]
[li]Add the following pre-commands in VTS1/Menus/PGC 2 & 3 and append at the end of pre-commands in PGC1:[/li][LIST=a]
[li]if (R[5] == 0) Break (Special Instructions)[/li][li]R[5] *= 1024[/li][li]highlighted_button = R[5] (System Set Instructions)[/li][li]R[5] = 0[/li][/ol]

[li]In VTS1/Menus/PGC2, change post-command line 36 to R[5]=[B]1[/B].[/li][li]In VTS1/Menus/PGC3, change post-command line 26 to R[5]=[B]1[/B].[/li][li]In VTS1/Menus/PGC3, insert between lines 29 & 30 the post-command R[8]=1.[/li][li]For VTS2/PGC [B]X[/B], add pre-command R[5] = [B]X[/B], where [B]X[/B] = [B]1 … 8[/B]. This will highlight the appropriate button when a VMG title 2-9 is playing and Root button is pressed. Also works when Play All was pressed.[/li][li]For VTS2/PGC [B]Y[/B], add pre-command R[5] = [B]Y - 8[/B], where [B]Y = 9 … 15[/B]. Same reasoning as above step.[/li][li]For VTS2/PGC [B]Z[/B], change post-command “R[1]=0” to “if (R[8] == R[7]) Jump VTS Title [B]Z+1[/B]”, where [B]Z = 1 … 14[/B]. e.g. if you’re in PGC1, then it’ll be Jump VTS Title 2. This will take care of Play All scenario.[/li][li]In VTS2/PGC15, change the following post-commands to exactly like this:[/li][LIST=a]
[li]if (R[8] != R[7]) goto line 4[/li][li]R[5]=1[/li][li]R[1]=0[/li][li]Call “root” menu (resume cell 1)[/li][/LIST]

[li]In VTS2/PGC16, insert at line 1 post-command R[5]=2 AND change pre-command line 1 to R[[B]1[/B]]=1[/li][li]In VTS2/PGC17, insert at line 1 post-command R[5]=3[/li][li]In VTS2/Menus/PGC1, insert at line 1 pre-command R[8]=0. This will reset Play All when Root button is pressed.[/li][li]In VMG PGC1, insert at line 1 pre-command R[8]=0. This will reset Play All when Title button is pressed.[/li][/LIST]

And you’re done. Test to see if this works to your liking.

Thanks very much for the information. I understood all your directions except 5-7 (probably due to my still very limited mathematical bitwise knowledge!).

Where you say:
“5. For VTS2/PGC X, add pre-command R[5] = X, where X = 1 … 8. This will highlight the appropriate button when a VMG title 2-9 is playing and Root button is pressed. Also works when Play All was pressed” I assume you mean that a command R[5] = 1, R[5] = 2, etc (in ascending order up to R[5] = 8) should be added to VTS 2 (program chains) PGCS 1 to 8 inclusive and that ‘PGC X’ here stands for the program chains which relate to VTS 2 menu PGC 2.

Where you say:
“6. For VTS2/PGC Y, add pre-command R[5] = Y - 8, where Y = 9 … 15. Same reasoning as above step” I assume you mean that a command R[5] = 9, R[5] = 10, etc (in ascending order up to R[5] = 15) should be added to VTS 2 (program chains) PGCS 9 to 15 inclusive. and that ‘PGC Y’ here stands for the program chains which relate to VTS 2 menu PGC 3". Incidentally, if this is so, then the ‘8’ in the following part of this direction was a typo:
‘R[5] = Y - 8, where Y = 9…’

Where you say:
“7. For VTS2/PGC Z, change post-command “R[1]=0” to “if (R[8] == R[7]) Jump VTS Title Z+1”, where Z = 1 … 14. e.g. if you’re in PGC1, then it’ll be Jump VTS Title 2. This will take care of Play All scenario” I’m not clear what ‘PGC Z’ stands for. I though it might be VTS 2 (program chains) PGCs 16 & 17 but this doesn’t seem to fit.

This is just basic math substitution. You just substitute the variable [B]X[/B] with a number from 1 to 8. That means VTS2/Program Chains/PGC [B]1[/B] has pre-command R[5]=[B]1[/B], PGC [B]2[/B] has R[5]=[B]2[/B], …, PGC [B]8[/B] has R[5]=[B]8[/B]. I did not include the node “Program Chains” because I thought that is understood. As you can see, there is NO [B]Menu[/B] PGC 2-8.

Step 6 is the same as step 5 with a [B]subtraction[/B] going on. Just substitute the variable [B]Y[/B] with numbers 9 through 15 and subtract 8. So this means VTS2/PGC [B]9[/B] has pre-command R[5]=[B]1[/B], which is [B]9[/B] - [B]8[/B] = [B]1[/B].

Step 7 is also the same as step 5 and 6 with an [B]addition[/B] going on. Substitute the variable [B]Z[/B] with numbers 1 through 14 and add 1. So this means PGC [B]1[/B] has post-command line 1 (that you replace from “R[1]=0” line) “if (R[8] == R[7]) Jump VTS Title [B]2[/B]”

Hope it’s clear now.