Platinum will not "Open DVD Source" for movie Looker?

vbimport

I am trying to backup the DVD Video “Looker” (Warner Brothers) and Fab Platinum cannot open it. I just keeps saying “Open DVD Source” but it never opens. I let it sit there for 30 minutes and it never opened. I have tried it with 5.0.3.0 and the newest 5.0.4.5 beta. No luck with either. Other movies are working fine. The movie also plays fine using nero showtime. Any thoughts?

Try disabling PathPlayer in Common Settings (or “Always” Enable it if you have it off).

[quote=iamthefunky1;2086248]I am trying to backup the DVD Video “Looker” (Warner Brothers) and Fab Platinum cannot open it. I just keeps saying “Open DVD Source” but it never opens. I let it sit there for 30 minutes and it never opened. I have tried it with 5.0.3.0 and the newest 5.0.4.5 beta. No luck with either. Other movies are working fine. The movie also plays fine using nero showtime. Any thoughts?[/quote] That movie was no problem in Region 1. Maybe the wource disc is bad, take it back and try another.

yes pathplayer disabled should be the answer. :slight_smile:

a 1981 film, dvd release 2007-01-30

i had a similar problem with an older movie. both pathplayer and pathplayer disabled only recognized the menus. i sent the ifo files to fengtao and it was fixed within the next few versions.

That did it. I had Path Player always on. I disabled it and it worked like a champ. Thanks for the help.

[quote=iamthefunky1;2086312]That did it. I had Path Player always on. I disabled it and it worked like a champ. Thanks for the help.[/quote]Be sure to turn it back on when you’ve finished with this movie.