Platinum Quality Indicator

vbimport

Just upgraded to 4.1.0 and now notice that the Quality Indicator does not work on Full Disc or Customize Screen. It does function on the Movie only screen. In both of the non-working screens, the quality is simply indicated as N/A.

In the Main movie screen (for example), DVD9 indicates 100% and DVD5 as 98%, so I know DVDFab is reading it, but switch from that screen to Customize or Full Disc and the indicator reads N/A.

Anyone else notice this?

Mine is showing the Quality indicator as 100% for DVD9 and 60% for DVD5 when looking a DVD.

Quick follow-up … I uninstalled/reinstalled and no difference. Quality indicator show N/A on Full Disc and Customize. Quality indicator is fine on Main movie. So I tried to use it anyway.

Main movie works fine, but trying Full Disc or Customize, and I get the following: Task_1 failed! Error=400[21 4]. Error 400 is a transcoder error, but I use the transcoder in Main Movie mode as well as DVD5 Quality indicator shows 99% while DVD9 indicator shows 100%.

Aside from being a transcoder error, can anyone shed some more light?

One more follow-up - OS is XP SP2, and I tried customizing content via AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 combo and everything worked fine, so I really doubt it is something with my system … but I am not 100% sure.

Just checked this out on my XP rig,… it did say N/A during the scan but the Quality Indicator pop up with 100% in Full disc after ther the scan was complete
also show in Customize :smiley:

StormJumper:

You gave me another idea to check, and behold - I found something. I use Enable PathPlayer when Necessary, but if I disabled PP, then the quality indicator came back. This is a dual layer disc where PP is enabled after the scan. It remains in the N/A condition if I use Always Enable PP.

I checked a few more discs, and at least right now, I think that any single layer discs will show no problem with or without PP. I need to do a little more research and I will post my findings.

[QUOTE=HAMsmoke;2012278]StormJumper:

You gave me another idea to check, and behold - I found something. I use Enable PathPlayer when Necessary, but if I disabled PP, then the quality indicator came back. This is a dual layer disc where PP is enabled after the scan. It remains in the N/A condition if I use Always Enable PP.

I checked a few more discs, and at least right now, I think that any single layer discs will show no problem with or without PP. I need to do a little more research and I will post my findings.[/QUOTE]

Well I just put a DL disc in to see what you was talking about,…It shows 63% in full disc mode and I always have PP Disabled
also shows 66% in custom

Hi Stormjumper:

OK - here is what I found. Specifically - Gone Baby Gone with Pathplayer either enabled when necessary or always enabled will give me the Quality N/A. When I disable PP, I get the correct quality indicator.

I have no other disk that shows this problem.

I will try to get more data, ie, find another disk that has a problem.

Thanks for your input so far!

sorry i can not reproduce your N/A or transcoder error.

please send fengtao the ifo files with link to this thread.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/how-send-us-ifo-files-228008/

Thanks for trying Troy - IFO’s have been sent along with w/ screenshots of the program showing the error.

Just to close - this problem has been addressed and fixed with the latest release - 4.1.0.2.