Platinum Generic dvd to avi (no audio)?

vbimport

This has probably been asked already, but, why is there no audio when you rip a DVD to AVI under the DVD - Mobile generic setting. What am I doing wrong?. I am using DVDFAB Platinum v 3.0.7.2. I have tried both audio setting no joy on either. Surely Im not the only one experiencing this?

Thanks in advance

Try this thread:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=208123

Mack

Thx. Will give that file a try.

Well that did absolutely nothing. I installed ffdshow, when I play the ripped avi file there is still no sound??

Anyone else got any ideas.

Oh well I guess nobody does.

In that case I will cheat and customise the output to a small file, say 2Gb instead of 4.36Gb. That way I can fit more movies on my External drive for when I go travelling.

I don’t use that feature, so just gave you a link hoping a user would reply to you.

Mack

Open the avi file with GSpot to see details about the audio track , if there is one.

hi,

I think the audio track is no problem, the output filesize is just a estimate value, I think you must be select a big bitrate, sometimes the codec cannot ouput so big bitrate value, so the file size is not same as the estimate size.

and what is your use player ? I suggest try to use “Media play classic” or “VLC” to try it.

Thanks,

Hi all,

New to the forums and just got DVDFab. I’m using it to rip my DVDs so I can convert them for use on my Blackberry and I ran into this same issue after converting from DVD to Generic. There was no audio on the video. I tried VLC per Ting’s suggestion and can hear the audio just fine. Now for the second part of converting it for my Blackberry. Thanks for the tip. I was worried after hearing no sound that DVDFab wouldn’t do what I needed it to.

The problems with sound and sync issues with these files are most often the player and the ffdshow codec fixes it almost every time.:slight_smile:

@ OP, first update your version to 3.0.9.8…

Ha, I missed that, nice catch. Absolutely needs an upgrade:iagree: .