Platinum 4.0.1.2 - How to move between chapters when playing in Media Center

Sometimes I select few langauges in the subpicture
However, when I play the movie in Vista Media Center, I do not see a way to select between the langauges, as can be done when playing the DVD
How can it be done?

What need to be done in order to be able to move between chapters when playing in Vista Media Center’ a movie copied from a DVD?

I would like to be able to copy a movie from the DVD to my PC and choose between audio of different langauges, instaed of having multiple copies of the same movie, one for each audio langauge.
Any way to do it in Vista Media Center?

Its it under subtitles. Right click anywhere on the screen the movie is playing then a window will pop up showing a list pick Title Menu, then look for extras or special features on the DVD itself. Hope this helps, by the way Vista version of the Media Suite is pretty much the same a Media Suite 2005! Good Luck

???

When I play a movie directly from DVD I can jump to a given chapter using the menu of the DVD.
However when I copy a movie using DVDfab and play it in Media Center I do not see an option to select to jump to a given chapter.
Do I need to copy all the info on the DVD in order to have that option?

[QUOTE=drbarak;1947572]When I play a movie directly from DVD I can jump to a given chapter using the menu of the DVD.
However when I copy a movie using DVDfab and play it in Media Center I do not see an option to select to jump to a given chapter.
Do I need to copy all the info on the DVD in order to have that option?[/QUOTE]
If you are using generic.XVid.audiocopy to create an AVI, unfortunately the chapter points are not and cannot be maintained in AVI files.

[QUOTE=drbarak;1947572]When I play a movie directly from DVD I can jump to a given chapter using the menu of the DVD.
Do I need to copy all the info on the DVD in order to have that option?[/QUOTE]
If you are using generic.XVid.audiocopy to create an AVI, unfortunately the chapter points are not and cannot be maintained in AVI files.

I use generic.XVid.mp3 but there is no way to select more than one langauge in the audio section. So how can I select more than one langauge in one copy?

Ignore my lats reply. I got mixed up with another question I posted.
In any case I use generic.XVid.mp3 to copy. What shall I use in order to have the chapter points?

Dear drbarak:
It is not necerssary to start a thread for each question you have. If it all pertains to DVD Fab 4.0.1.2 then all the question should be in one thread. I am merging all your threads into this one.

[QUOTE=drbarak;1947620]I use generic.XVid.mp3 but there is no way to select more than one langauge in the audio section. So how can I select more than one langauge in one copy?[/QUOTE]

You cannot do this in the AVI.

To access all of the features you should use DVD to DVD copy with your hard drive as the output source. YOu can then navigate to the had drive folder via the videos menu in media center. BUt Vista version requires a registry tweak beofre it will play DVDs from hard drive. you can find how to do that via google if you search .

Once you’ve done the tweak you then just double click on the dvd folder in the MCE videos menu & the DVd should launch.

I made the registry change but I can not play the DVD I copied. I tried copying using DVDfab “fulldisc”, “Full Movie”, “Customize” and DVD Shrink 3.2 but I can not play the DVD. Vista sees the individual TS_? files and does not play the movie.
Any idea what need to be done?

[QUOTE=drbarak;1950446]I made the registry change but I can not play the DVD I copied. I tried copying using DVDfab “fulldisc”, “Full Movie”, “Customize” and DVD Shrink 3.2 but I can not play the DVD. Vista sees the individual TS_? files and does not play the movie.
Any idea what need to be done?[/QUOTE]
I use the pre-vista MCE, but as I understand it, once you’ve made the tweak, you should be able to select a DVD folder, via the MY videos menu and doubleclicking a folder name should launch the DVd that is in that folder. you launch from the folder name not from any of the files inside of the folder.
IF that does not work you will have to spend more time with google or wait for more help here. It’s a vista issue not a DVDfab issue.
I read about it here:
http://www.wictorwilen.se/Post/Watch-DVDs-in-VIDEO_TS-folders-on-Vista-Media-Center.aspx