Platforms

vbimport

What is the best platfrom for gaming, copying and overall stability, ME, win 98, 98SE, 2000, NT 4.0???? Which there are so many. Which to choose???

:confused:
:frowning:
:o
:o
:frowning:

If you want gaming and stability, get Windows XP.

I prefer W2k, it is very stable. I think XP is still too new…

Mandrake

I have used almost all windows os and have found windows xp to be the best

True that W2k are a bit more stable that XP, but they are much more slow as far as gaming is concerned (i did some benchmarks myself). I have used Xp for 4 months now and never had serious problems with it, while most games run as fast as in Me. There are some games of course (older ones) that won’t run on XP but hey they didn’t run on W2k either, at least in my case :wink:

Havent had a crash yet on a 200 mHz running Windows2000 pro, but on the 1gig duron box, Not too many problems running XP yet, except for a few minor things.

Hmm

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
Mandrake

Gaming???

Originally posted by Upp3rd0G
[B]

Gaming???

:confused: [/B]

Quake

Unreal Tournament

And several network hostings.

[B]

Quake

Unreal Tournament

And several network hostings. [/B]

Lol! a real Linux diehard… is even defending the question if Linux is a good gamingplatform! :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol! a real Linux diehard… is even defending the question if Linux is a good gamingplatform! :stuck_out_tongue:

Viva La Linux!

Actually many games do quite well using wine. It’s more often hardware-specic software that messes things up.

And don’t forget Lindows!

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
[B]

Viva La Linux!

Actually many games do quite well using wine. [/B]

Lol! Another Linux diehard!

As you know most gamers won’t settle for ‘quite well’… More fps is what they want!

:wink:

[B]

Lol! Another Linux diehard!

As you know most gamers won’t settle for ‘quite well’… More fps is what they want!

:wink: [/B]

Soo , you got a pair of those bionic eyes that can see beyond the average human eye ? (InfraRed , Ultraviolet , more than 25 frames per second) :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Anybody (except for blind people) can see difference between 25fps and 50 fps.
It’s when it gets over 60 it’s more tricky to notice any difference.

But my bionic eyes can even see the difference between 60fps and 85fps easily.
Maybe you should get some glasses Mr. Belvedere? :smiley:

Originally posted by Airhead
[B]Anybody (except for blind people) can see difference between 25fps and 50 fps.
It’s when it gets over 60 it’s more tricky to notice any difference.

But my bionic eyes can even see the difference between 60fps and 85fps easily.
Maybe you should get some glasses Mr. Belvedere? :smiley: [/B]

I have glasses already , don’t need extra :slight_smile:

It was just fun… sure it’s noticable when something is 60fps in comparison to 25fps (the smoooooooothness of things).

But after 60fps i’ts hardly noticable. (Except when your playing multiplayer with 80 other people and they all shoot at you) , so having a vga card with more and more fps is a little useless.

i duno, it’d be nice to have the new nvidia’s hitting 112 fps on quake :wink:

It’s more of a bragging rights thing now adays.

I imagine it as two hillbillies in suspenders sitting around saying “Yep… I done der bin getting 100 fps on my done der Quake game… Yup…”

well, then, i’d like to be one of those hillbillies…having to search for pc 66 ram so that it’ll work on my proxy server is getting to be a real bitch :wink:

Soo , you got a pair of those bionic eyes that can see beyond the average human eye ? (InfraRed , Ultraviolet , more than 25 frames per second) :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Lol! I am absolutely sure you know what I mean, but yet another argument… :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit:

Ah… a few post later I see you already admitted it! :stuck_out_tongue:

[B]

Lol! I am absolutely sure you know what I mean, but yet another argument… :stuck_out_tongue:

[edit]
Ah… a few post later I see you already admitted it! :stuck_out_tongue:
[/edit] [/B]

i love those 80x25 screens with 250 fps :slight_smile:

high 5!