Place to buy Plextor Premium?

vbimport

Other than Plextors own website, where we have to pay retail price, where do you think it will go on sale first? Does one online e-tailer get it new hardware faster than another?

-Robert

K&M Elektronic in Germany allow to pre-order the drive, so that it will be shipped as soon as they receive some. It’s supposed to be something like 140 Euro i think

on sale in Asia now!!!

Thanks for the pics idiot@ace! I see the model number for this Plextor drive is listed as PX-W5232TA… In HWZ’s preview it was recognized as ‘Plextor Premium’ drive so I wonder how it will be recognized by the system here in Europe and in the U.S.

Yep, appreciate the pics!

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Thanks for the pics idiot@ace! I see the model number for this Plextor drive is listed as PX-W5232TA… In HWZ’s preview it was recognized as ‘Plextor Premium’ drive so I wonder how it will be recognized by the system here in Europe and in the U.S.

It will 90% likely be identified as “PLEXTOR CD-R PREMIUM” in the ID-string (with shipping f/w v1.00), however I would prefer “PX-W5232A”. Hope our review unit comes ASAP!! :wink:

well the far east get it first as usual
hope the drive will arive in europe soon so we can see what it really can do.

www.watford.co.uk are selling them but with a 3 week lead time, they also have the CD reader at £18 with a 3week lead time too.