Pixellation and freezing with 1.02. Help!

vbimport

Hi, purchased 1.02 having read about how good it was.
Have now made 3 DVD’s with it and have the same problem with each.
The film plays perfectly with great quality until the last 20 mins then it starts to break up and finally freeze.
The media I use (superior 2 which I write at 2x using Nero) has never caused a problem when splitting over 2 DVD’s and going right to the edge. I have made sure on the last one I tried that it used no more than 3.7 of the disc give or take a bit, still the same problem.
The DVD player I use has taken anything I thrown at it for the last year.
Help please any ideas.
Thanks in anticipation of success

I have the same problem. The vob files appear to be ok on the hard drive but when u burn the dvd the last 5 mins of the picture freezes. I had the same problem with version1.

I have had some success reducing the size of the files to 4272

Surely this has to be a media problem. Pixelation & freezing towards the end of a movie.
And from my experience DONT burn at x2, you could also try burning with something else.
What version firmware do you have on your Pioneer burner ???

I have the same problem here with a Dansai DVD

However on my Cyberhome DVD it plays fine - I don’t think DVD2One is the problem

The media I use is TDK. Surely this is the best you can get. I have burned at 2 speed though. The firmware is 1.4 on the Pioneer 104

I had nothing but problems using TDK DVD-RW. It always froze up in the last few minutes of the movie. Believe it or not, I’ve had absolutely no problems with Princo discs. I’ve burned about 20 movies and have had no playback issues with any of them.

I had been using TDK-R discs. I have just tried the burn with TDK-RW & ironically it was ok

I have ordered some maxwell discs & I will let u know how I get on.

Only other thought could it have been the fact that the dvd-rw burns at single speed & dvd-r at double?

I use nero or instant cd to burn

use ritek ritek ritek, how many times has this been advised,i had all the skipping problems too,thought it was my sony player,but now everything’s a-ok @ 2x speed,’‘superior 2x’’…tried these also,thought they were a good cheap dvd-r,started having probs tho after prolonged use on the ps2 , slow too load midway thru games.

It’s not the media, it’s the burner. I had a Pioneer A04 and was burning tdk’s fine at 2x as long as I stayed under 4 gigs. Then the skip/freeze would kick in.

Burn at 1x, it will NOT freeze up, although 1x is too damn slow.

If you want more help, call Pioneer and they will tell you a lie and blame your computer.

My solution? SOLD THE PIONEER and got a sony dru-500a. Same tdk discs burned JUST FINE at 2x–freezing problem mysteriously want away! Riteks (some, but not all) burn at 4x. Life is good.

It’s no help, I know, but I’ve no freezing or skipping problems when burning onto any DVD-R/RW I have, using my Pioneer 104 and 105.

I must admit to having had burning problems in the past with some media/burning engine combinations, but since using the burning end of Ulead DVD Workshop or even better, Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2 (same engine, but allows you to select speed), to burn my Title Tets (burns Title Sets and ISO’s), 100% every time and on all my players and those of family and friends.

The media and burner does not explain it all.

While this app is amazing in it’s simplicity and tight codeset (Bravo), I still also having this problem with the pixellation issue.

Viewing in PowerDVD in hardware mode at the files created by DVD2One shows the same pixellation deep into the film as when it was burned. Only with video, 1 sound track and no subtitles. No extras. The backup is of Tron (also did it with backup of Land Before Time IX). Perhaps the suggestion of reducing size a bit more than default?

Also when I do burn - it’s with a Sony DRU500 on Beall DVD-R disks. Hopefully, these are not considered “low-end disks” . They’ve given me no issues with DVDMaestro using Nero or RecordNow until I started trying out this DVD2One.

Etap, I found all of my pixelation & freezing problems went away by burning at x1. TDK should be considered one of the top three in quality. I havent had any success with Princo.

1. clean your source dvd before ripping,this is the most important step in ripping,if you are using a dvd-rw as a destination,make sure it too is clean,especially the outside edge.
    2.set your output at 4000 mb. whether its the media,burner or dvd2one,this solves the issue with corruption at the end of the disc.

I am confused

I burn all my disks at 1x and I still get the pixel problem at the end of the movie, but so far only on ONE standalone player.

It seems to be a ‘media AND player’ problem

I am using bulkpaq 1X btw (any comments? they are cheap!)

The have given me the best player compatibility so far without going to the expense of ritek.

Pls advise will ritek solve all my problems?

Bulkpaq arnt Known as bulkcrap for nothing m8 :slight_smile:
Ritek media is the most compatable on the market,verbatim also make very good disks as well,these disks wont bring about world peace but will go a long way to solving your problems :slight_smile:

Originally posted by jwo62
1. clean your source dvd before ripping,this is the most important step in ripping,if you are using a dvd-rw as a destination,make sure it too is clean,especially the outside edge.
2.set your output at 4000 mb. whether its the media,burner or dvd2one,this solves the issue with corruption at the end of the disc.

Yes that’s the problem and not dvd2one i have the same problems using DVD+RW and setting the file size to 4 gigs the problem on dvd+rw never happened agian…:stuck_out_tongue:

My conclusions so far.

TDK is a quality disk but when the movie is over 4gb it seems to have problems buring at 2 speed certainly on a pioneer A104.
All the movies over 4gb burned at 1 speed are perfect. So buring at one speed seems to provide the solution!

Despite suggestions that it was Nero that was the problemthis proved not to be the case. I have tried several other DVD burning software & get the same resut.

I will be tring verbatim & maxwel disc next week & I will keep u posted as to the success at burning at 2 speed

I’ve tried burning at 1x using 3.5 gig still the same problem,
break up and freezing.
Will try Traxdata discs at 1x.
Why do some people use Ifoedit?

What brand of discs were u using?

I was using superior 2x. Had no problem with these when splitting a dvd, using ifo 0.95