Pixelation problem

vbimport

Hi,
I’m having a problem with intermittent glitches in burned dvds with DVD Clone. No problem with Nero 7 though on same machine, burner and disks. I prefer to use DVD clone, so would like to find the problem. Any help appreciated.
TIA

Make sure you turn off overclocking.
look here.

Thanks, it is not OC’ed. I have installed another burner, LiteOn 16x. It still does the same thing. This happens only on the burn to disk - the image it makes to HD before burning is OK. the pixelation is fairly regular - like once every minute. I’m going to try it on the computer I switched the original burner to, a Samsung 18x.

Most likely a media issue…What media are you using? what speed are you burning them? Maybe try burning with IMGBurn instead…
Post a burn log.

Agree with above poster. Nearly all pixelation problems are due to poor media, burning at too high of a speed, or encoding at a low bitrate.

I’ve tried several, all DVD+R by Imation (ForceField), TDK and Imation DVD+RW. It seems to be between that particular computer and Clone DVD/ AnyDVD. No problem with Nero7/AnyDVD. I have another computer that doesn’t have this problem.

How do I make a logfile?

[QUOTE=resloan;2026383]I’ve tried several, all DVD+R by Imation (ForceField), TDK and Imation DVD+RW. It seems to be between that particular computer and Clone DVD/ AnyDVD. No problem with Nero7/AnyDVD. I have another computer that doesn’t have this problem.

How do I make a logfile?[/QUOTE]

Imitation and TDK are not very good media. Try something Made In Japan, like verbatim, taiyo yuden, fujifilm, most mccxxxx media is good… Plus by going to a different computer, you are using a different burner, which may be more understanding of crappy media… Every burner is different as to which media works well with it…

The computer thats having the problem is AMD(Athlon XP 2500+ Barton core) based. I’ve tried 2 burners with it, 16X samsung and 16 X liteon. I’ve tried slowing the MB down, and burning at 1X. Using CloneDVD still having same results. No pixeling using Nero7.

I put the samsung burner in another P4 machine along with CloneDVD and it works fine with same media. I also have another P4machine with a liteon 8x burner and it works fine.

Only problem is with the AMD machine and CloneDVD and any burner and any media I have. These burners work fine in the Intel machines using CloneDVD and the very same media. There is something going on in the AMD machine with CloneDVD and it is very consistent - occuring at regular intervals. I’m stumped.