Pitch Black

Pitch Black crashes DVDFab 6 during the initial “opening DVD” phase - works fine on DVDFab 5.

[QUOTE=GlassRat;2284953]Pitch Black crashes DVDFab 6 during the initial “opening DVD” phase - works fine on DVDFab 5.[/QUOTE]

Leave your DVD drive(s) empty. Open Fab v6.X.X.X. got to ‘Common Settings’ > Preview. Check the decoder section. If Internal is checked, change that to DirectShow.

The DVDFab video and audio filters below that section should work fine (depending on what codecs you have on your system).

Close Fab, and re-open it. Put a DVD in your read drive, and let us know what happens.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2284956]Leave your DVD drive(s) empty. Open Fab v6.X.X.X. got to ‘Common Settings’ > Preview. Check the decoder section. If Internal is checked, change that to DirectShow.

The DVDFab video and audio filters below that section should work fine (depending on what codecs you have on your system).

Close Fab, and re-open it. Put a DVD in your read drive, and let us know what happens.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

The DirectShow setting was already selected. The video and audio filters are the same as those shown in DVDfab 5. DVDfab 5 backed up Pitch Black with no problems.

DVDfab 6 crashes during the “Open DVD Source” process with a Windows dialogue box saying “A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available”.

I just ripped it perfectly, I tried to just to see what was going on, so that I can help out, I cant seem to replicate your issue

Mine’s a UK region 2 disc - what’s yours?

US version, 2 disc

[QUOTE=GlassRat;2285283]The DirectShow setting was already selected. The video and audio filters are the same as those shown in DVDfab 5. DVDfab 5 backed up Pitch Black with no problems.

DVDfab 6 crashes during the “Open DVD Source” process with a Windows dialogue box saying “A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available”.[/QUOTE]

What O/S are you running, and, after the crash, are your DVD drive(s) still showing in Windows?

Please advise.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=GlassRat;2285307]Mine’s a UK region 2 disc - what’s yours?[/QUOTE]

having problems with any other Region 2 discs?