Pirates of the Caribbean

Anyone else having problems backing it up?

Not here, i just did it with ripit4me.

DVDGod: Your crossposting

Works fine with AnyDVD v6.0.9.0 and CloneDVD2 v2.9.0.1

I must have a bad disc, I have both of those versions and it’s not working.

I have tried 2 disks, one from store freash from package then I rented it to try to get my backup done. useing AnyDVD v6.0.9.0 and CloneDVD2 v2.9.0.1 no luck, tried in 2 diff burners and 2 dvd ROM drives. Ya thats 2 orignals in 4 drives no luck.
They all stop at 48% on vob #4 same sector every time. I think they are createing one track that is not aligned properly to cause this. Oh btw tried it with AnyDVD safe mode on and off.

Like others have said, I too, had no problems with this movie using the combo of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, movie only, region 1.

ditto, no probs using that combo here, full back-up to a dual layer

In my case my DVD player Toshiba SDM1912 {with last firmware} could not read the disk at all… However my Plextor PX708A {latest firmware} had no problem so I ripped to hard drive and backed up with AnyDVD 6082 and CloneDVD 2901. Anyone recommend a good player?

I heard dvd shrink has better quality then clonedvd. what are your views on this?

Znebojsa -

Suggest reviewing the Forum Rules (http://club.cdfreaks.com/announcement.php?f=74&announcementid=37) and note the comments concerning Double Posting.

You have posted the same question in both the CloneDVD Forum thread “Why does CloneDVD not clone EVERYTHING?” and “Pirates of the Caribbean”.

BeLooken

ok sorry, just wanted another opinion

No problems here either. AnyDVD, DVD Decrypter and CloneDVD2

I have had the same exact out come as you Justmyguy. At the same amount with any software I use.

I wonder if the originals that are causing errors are vendor specific.( netflix )
maybe there is a difference between retail and other copies.

I didn’t realize Netflix sold dvd’s . . . . . :cop:

Sometime they have copies that were made specifically for netflix.

I believe they are rental only…

actually…you can buy them at netflix cheaper than buying them at the stores …I paid 5.99 and I get the case and artwork…sounds like a good deal to me…

They sell used movies too

Belooken, speaking of rules, do you happen to recall this one:

[I]If you notice a user breaking the rules, please do not bash the user. Please contact the responsible moderator(s) of that forum or an online administrator through Private Messaging or use the ‘Report Bad Post’ function (click the orange exclamation mark in the bottom left corner of the particular post, just below the user’s details) and have him close or delete the thread, this will prevent an unnecessarily negative atmosphere (and the mods won’t get the feeling that someone else is doing their job [/I]