Pirates of the Caribbean 2 DMC - DISK 2 READ ERROR PLZ HELP

vbimport

I’m using Anydvd 6.1.1.4 and NERO 6.6.0.8 and get read errors on DISK 2 Bonus materials DISK 1 Movie ripped fine. I’m just making a rip to a full size image NRG format. Any ideas THX…

removed disk from my nec dv-5700b & inserted into plextor px-716a no probs hmmm – nero rulez transcoding drulz

Recode (and Shrink) transcodes (recode is not an encoder), and 6.x versions of nero with more than one optical drive often required importing from the burner. Otherwise, you’d get an error.
Recode with Nero 7.x doesn’t have that problem.

I truly think there is a problem with AnyDVD and certain drives and firmware and certain dual layer discs. It seems to fail during reading at 50%, probably at the layer break.

The thing that really concerns me is it seems as more and more people report the problem, people like the poster above me reply and say it’s a Nero problem, it’s a bad disc, etc. So it may be a long while before this problem is addressed. :frowning:

It may not be an AnyDVD problem. I have noticed there is an increasing number of complaints on drives not being recognized or not being able to read. This is happening with all programs.

Right. So what you’re saying is they all have broken drives. ?!?!?!??!?!

That is not what I said. There must be a reason why so many drives are having problems. Different makes and models on different computers.

So then you’re saying all of these people suddenly have hardware compatibility problems, where they didn’t before. ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Wow this thread turned for the worse. I’m thinking a driver / nero driver conflict myself is the issue. Also depending how much you use the dvd drive to burn the drive could be dieing.

If the problem occured at 50% after reading, then perhaps I might agree with you. However, what I wrote is true and was admitted as much by Nero techs.

I’m using Nero 7, so it does not apply.

It happens in all programs, CloneCD, CloneDVD, etc. Also why would a whole bunch of unreleated peoples’ drives across the world all of a sudden start dying at once? I’m sorry but posts like this really bother me… it’s harmful to the program’s development, not helpful, as it possibly delays the time it takes for the developers to realize there is a problem and fix it.

It’s almost like you take it personally as an attack on AnyDVD or something, when I’m just trying to help bring a problem to light so that it gets solved. And by ignoring the problem or attempting to pass it off onto other programs, you make it worse by delaying a fix.

I believe it’s only happening with certain DVD writers and firmware. So if you have a drive or drives that don’t have the issue, then of course it won’t appear to you as if there is a problem.

You are not the OP. The OP is using Nero 6.x, so it does apply.

It’s almost like you take it personally as an attack on AnyDVD

I’m not. The Nero Recode issue I’m referring to has nothing to do with Anydvd.

or something, when I’m just trying to help bring a problem to light so that it gets solved. And by ignoring the problem or attempting to pass it off onto other programs, you make it worse by delaying a fix.

I am not ignoring your problem. That said, by denying there’s a problem with Nero Recode (with 6.x versions of Nero), you, in turn, create misunderstanding.

I believe it’s only happening with certain DVD writers and firmware. So if you have a drive or drives that don’t have the issue, then of course it won’t appear to you as if there is a problem.

visit http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=200937

This Nero Recode issuse with versions 6.x of Nero had nothing to do with what you’re talking about. My Lite-on dvd-rom drive could read and import discs using every single other program–except Nero Recode.

I will admit that in this particular case, the Nero 6.x + Recode issue may be what’s happening, but it’s also likely that it may be the issue that’s cropping up recently with DVD reads failing. I personally don’t believe either explanation at this point is definitive.

After re-reading Opterondo’s posts, it has become more evident to me that he or she may not be using Nero Recode. I did not read carefully enough.

However, “DISK 1 Movie ripped fine” presumably using a nec dv-5700b dvd-rom drive. So, it’s possible that either upgrading to 6.1.1.4 (see http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=208145 ) or using his or her Plextor burner (which may possibly be a better reader in this case) fixed Opterondo’s problem.

Regardless, all evidence presented points heavily in favour of the fact you do not have the same problem as Opterondo.

I did not mention the Recode issue as an attempt to filter blame away from Anydvd.