Pirates Copy Protection?

Hi,

My dad got a dvd off his friend…

He tried to make a backup onto VHS…

Although, there are lines on the backup

anyone heard of this…?

Macrovision protection. In some cases the DVD player can be flashed to de-macrovision it. It’s intention is to prevent multiple movie copies onto vhs even though some people such as yourself try to keep a backup on vhs. Results in copies are lines, blurrs, strange colors, and bends.

Another alternative is to get a digital VCR and when the DVD player sends a signal to check and expects a bounce back from an analog signal, it doesnt get it from a digital VCR.

Originally posted by Liquid Lazarus

My dad got a dvd off his friend…He tried to make a backup onto VHS
…Although, there are lines on the backup.
Tell your dad to use [COLOR=blue]AnyDVD, which makes it that [/COLOR]
“…the DVD appears to be unprotected, region free, macrovision free, prohibition free,
…from the moment you insert it.”

Originally posted by BoSkin
Tell your dad to use [COLOR=blue]AnyDVD, which makes it that [/COLOR]
“…the DVD appears to be unprotected, region free, macrovision free, prohibition free,
…from the moment you insert it.”

Umm, just occured to me, not sure if Liquid Lazarus is referring to a PC with Video output to VCR/TV or an actual standalone DVD Player.

Liquid Lazarus, please give us more info, and also drive/model # of the DVD player.

If it’s from PC output, use the software BoSkin suggested.

yes, it is a standalone DVD player…

The model is MUSTEK, im not sure ill check the actual model number tommorow when hes back…

Anyway, still problems, checked the disk it self, all VOB IFO and BUP files seem to be in order,

although it has been written on a disk I have never seen before, strange orange disk… No media name…

thats about it really…

You can use this one connected between DVD and VCR
http://www.dimax.com.ua/English/dvd_recorder.htm
It also works for VHS or DVD to standalone DVD recorder like Panasonic DMRE80 (which I have )

We offer a box for removing Macrovision and CGMS signals and works for VHS to DVD, VHS to VHS, DVD to DVD and DVD to VHS. Most DVD recorders otherwise detect and prevent recording of copyright material and VHS recorders can suffer all kinds of visual disturbance. The device is called the MACRO-PLUS. We retail it on Ebay, Amazon and our own website (which is the cheapest place to buy it.) http://www.nightlight.co.uk.

Please be aware that you may not have the right to copy pre-recorded material unless you have permission from the owner or are allowed under the fair use rights granted by local legislation.

For UK customers we can take your order by phone too - 0871 98 99 819