Pirated Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 do get a free legitimate Windows 10 version

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Pirated Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 do get a free legitimate Windows 10 version[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2012/11/minikms-670x550.png[/newsimage]

Several users report that pirated Windows installations that circumvent Microsoft’s piracy checks by using software like AutoKMS, can possibly upgrade to a legitimate activated version of Windows 10.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/pirated-windows-7-and-windows-8-1-do-get-a-free-legitimate-windows-10-version-76827/](http://www.myce.com/news/pirated-windows-7-and-windows-8-1-do-get-a-free-legitimate-windows-10-version-76827/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Or they wait til someone break Windows 10 and then use it. I doubt they are waiting and already will leak a Windows 10 hack to bypass it. They are fighting a loosing battle the harder they try the more the others side wins. They should concern themselves with the paid users and eventually they other side will come over. Fighting the other side just prolongs it.

Wait a couple months and see what happens to the pirated installs of windows 10 MS may have a nasty surprise for them.

ILLP is right, they should verify if the Win10 still has the KMS activation, because with KMS a re-activation is needed every 6 months. Verify the activation method with ‘slmgr /dlv’. If it says VOLUME_KMSCLIENT it will have an expiration date …

OK, update! :slight_smile:
If you have an non-activated Windows 7 (grace period), it will ask for a I license key during the Win 10 update.
If you have an KMS(Pico/Micro) cracked Windows 7, it will update to a MAK ACTIVATED Windows 10.
I have a screenshot to prove it…

[QUOTE=Photubias;2757752]OK, update! :slight_smile:
If you have an non-activated Windows 7 (grace period), it will ask for a I license key during the Win 10 update.
If you have an KMS(Pico/Micro) cracked Windows 7, it will update to a MAK ACTIVATED Windows 10.
I have a screenshot to prove it…[/QUOTE]

Not from what the MS site says you will have to buy a Product Key.

It seems not, just tried it offline on another machine (and pulled the internet cable). After update a MAK key get’s installed, which always seems to be the same: QJNXR-YD97Q-K7WH4-RYWQ8-6MT6Y
However, this is not activated without internet, for now (tried it less than 2 hours ago) this key does get activated when connected to the net and we end up with a completely legit Windows 10. I don’t think MS has ever ‘unactivated’ MAK licenses? It may however block the key above sooner or later, but then the distributed ISO’s are somewhat ‘corrupt’.

[QUOTE=Photubias;2757770]It seems not, just tried it offline on another machine (and pulled the internet cable). After update a MAK key get’s installed, which always seems to be the same: QJNXR-YD97Q-K7WH4-RYWQ8-6MT6Y
However, this is not activated without internet, for now (tried it less than 2 hours ago) this key does get activated when connected to the net and we end up with a completely legit Windows 10. I don’t think MS has ever ‘unactivated’ MAK licenses? It may however block the key above sooner or later, but then the distributed ISO’s are somewhat ‘corrupt’.[/QUOTE]I wonder is the Windows 10 Pro key the same as the Windows 10 Home key or Enterprise key?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2757776]I wonder is the Windows 10 Pro key the same as the Windows 10 Home key or Enterprise key?[/QUOTE]No they aren’t the pro and home have two different generic keys and I think enterprise does also for Vol activations.:smiley:

Yeah, and I’m gonna try something else too: what happens when you have a totally legit company KMS activated Windows 7 Pro and you upgrade it. I assume it will also be converted to a MAK activated Win 10 Pro…

Allright, some findings:
Windows 7 Professional illegal or legally activated with KMS will be converted to a Win 10 MAK Activation:Â http://postimg.org/image/wai7me0cb/Â
 -> MAK key is always the same after update: QJNXR-YD97Q-K7WH4-RYWQ8-6MT6Y
It is reasonable to assume the same will happen with a Win 7 or 8 Home (but with a different Win 10 key).
Windows 8 Enterprise, KMS activated, will be converted to a Win 10 KMS Client UNACTIVATED:Â http://postimg.org/image/c0ry7ifxp/

This is the second OS update that has not required a hardware upgrade…
While that is good for the install base, it also gives hardware MFG’s no incentive to innovate their hardware… cpu’s and memory have not seen vastly improved quality in nearly a DECADE… and graphics boards just decided to get all pricy (launching direct-x 12 and 4k support) since AMD’s is near bankruptcy.

The next two innovations which must arrive and get cheaper are 4k video support and broadband… without these two being widely available and cheap, PC’s will not see a rise in sales and tablet sales will fall flat as well… consumers will keep buying tons of low spec equipment.