Pirate CD sales top 1 billion copies, 40% of sold CDs is pirated

vbimport

I just posted the article Pirate CD sales top 1 billion copies, 40% of sold CDs is pirated.

CNN reports that pirate
CD sales are currently exceeding 1 billion copies a year. Also the total pirate music market is worth an estimated $4.6 billion last
year, up 7 percent from 2001…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6194-Pirate-CD-sales-top-1-billion-copies-40-of-sold-CDs-is-pirated.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6194-Pirate-CD-sales-top-1-billion-copies-40-of-sold-CDs-is-pirated.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Yo, ho, ho and a car boot ful of pirate CDs…I don’t understand why people buy pirate CDs though (with the exception of the v. poor). Copying and making up CDs is soooo easy, surely the educated and reasonably well off world make their own copies, opps, I mean backups? :d

i wonder if they work out these statistics the same way they work out software piracy levels…

“I don’t understand why people buy pirate CDs though (with the exception of the v. poor).” He-he, it’s as simple as ABC. 20USD in special stores vs. 2USD on almost every corner. Quality is the same and common ppl ain’t even aware if they’re buying a “pirate” or not - WTF cares about it in Russia ? :B If you know what I mean ? :X
[edited by BoSkin on 10.07.2003 17:07]

AHHhhh…more statistics…more self serving figures by self serving bean counters for self serving corporations… and on what are they basing these figures ??.. are pirates sending in sales figures now… I did a survey (for the hell of it ) and out of 100 people surveyed 62% agreed that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the earths population…so much for surveys…:X

AHHhhh…more statistics…more self serving figures by self serving bean counters for self serving corporations… and on what are they basing these figures ??.. are pirates sending in sales figures now… I did a survey (for the hell of it ) and out of 100 people surveyed 62% agreed that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the earths population…so much for surveys…:X

sorry about that…browser playing mouse catchup…x:
[edited by Sherrif on 10.07.2003 18:05]

Iwonder if George Dubya or his puppy Tony have rewriters on their computers and do they refuse to use them on some matter of principle? These law makers…SORRY… war makers make me sick.:r

BS… Check eBay.com, 99% of pirated sales are over there. Under Mature Audiences… Not MUSIC…

“In a country where the average wage is still just 0” Yeah, that’s quite low indeed…:B