Piracy wins! CDs get cheaper!

vbimport

I just posted the article Piracy wins! CDs get cheaper!.

Okey don’t be to enthusiastic because it’s probably not where you live, but only in Malaysia.

Cheaper CD’s vs. piracy

In Malaysia cd’s and cassettes become much cheaper. This because of the…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1489-Piracy-wins-CDs-get-cheaper.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1489-Piracy-wins-CDs-get-cheaper.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Yeah This rewlz! If all cd’s where 12,50 I also would buy the original! :4

finally someone gets it… :slight_smile:

yes i would buy much more cds whit those prices(im from holland to)i already own over the 300 original cds now. But finaly they wake up and see that lowering the prices is a much better way to beat piracy Im still behind : if you like it buy it!! I still buy the org cds and games if i like them!!!

any chance of those figures again in £?

i would buy the clean ones still and sell em for the half to my friends :wink:

give us these prices in europe - and trust me, piracy would fall with over 50% !! atleast. people would buy the original instead of copying it , for almost the same price…

I agree, I would buy more cd’s. But next step GAMES cheaper. :+

someone should go to malaysia and ship back shitloads of original cd’s. would be soo funny when you get arrested and they find the £5 cd’s you are selling are legal!!!

I started as a DJ about 4 1/2 years ago. At the time I owned about 30 cds. I now own over 1200 cd’s and I have bought only one CD in the last 2 years. I know for a fact that if prices were between 5.99 and 7.99 for new CD’s I would start buying again, probably about 200-300 a year, but until they recognize us (their bread and butter), and the fact that they have been ripping us off, there will always be private FTP’s , iRC channels, etc. to get my music collection from. :8 D

Onthejazz, you’re probably not a very good DJ, because most DJ’s get their records for free (not just the Top-names). No offence :wink:

Euphoria not getting your cds for free doesn’t mean your not a good DJ…

I may suck as a DJ, who knows, although I am told I do great work. All i know is that I pull between $400-$1000 a night and only have to work 2-3 days a week, and 6 hours a shift, and am quite content to do so. Pulled over a grand friday night. I Suck :stuck_out_tongue: But thanks for the criticism. :4

Good reply, onthejazz :slight_smile: Euphoria - you probably have no idea what you’re talking about. Don’t know where you come from, but here in germany none (disregarding some assholes just playing the TOP40 up and down or getting paid to play certain songs - but who would call them DJs?) of the DJs gets his vinyls/CDs for free (besides some records of new or unknown artists who want to be played).

Yup, for those who are curious to know if this is true. the answer is yes. Certainly not proud to hear this news especially if you are Malaysian but the news did not mention how much cheaper VCDs and pirated software/games costs here. It’ll probably freak you folks out there. Piracy is pretty rampant here. Kill one CD-Stomper shop, another will be up weeks later maybe two more. If only publishers could make CDs more affordable instead of converting straight from USD, is a much better solution than claming down piracy. (economy is not doing well here) But I won’t think so, since the publishers want to maintain a certain level of profit. sigh