Piracy Isn’t Killing The Movie Industry, Greed Is

vbimport

At the box-office the major movie studios are raking in record profits, but their continuing refusal to widely adopt online business opportunities are hindering progress. According to the head of the Blockbuster video chain, the movie industry’s greed is to blame for holding back innovation.

Link: http://torrentfreak.com/piracy-isnt-killing-the-movie-industry-greed-is-100222/

:cool::cool:

Not only Greed but lack of skill to innovate and stone age brain thinking inside the box and not thinking truly outside the box. They are in effect putting GREED ahead of innovation.

The DVD/Blueray movies should be the price of admission into the theater when the movie first came out. At that price (roughly $9.00 U.S.) no one would bother with piracy and they would sell tons and tons of movies. You end up seeing most of these movies in the $4.00 rack in Walmart anyways, and buy the time they get there their no worth the coast of a blank disc.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2505646]The DVD/Blueray movies should be the price of admission into the theater when the movie first came out. At that price (roughly $9.00 U.S.) no one would bother with piracy and they would sell tons and tons of movies. You end up seeing most of these movies in the $4.00 rack in Walmart anyways, and buy the time they get there their no worth the coast of a blank disc.[/QUOTE]
They are cheaper than the price of admittion at the BB near me, I can buy 4 previewed Blurays for 20USD. and they all work fine.

Yeah, now that some of the older titles are 10 bucks each in Blu Ray I’ll probably start buying some more now and then. Before I was only buying must haves for me because even at 19 on sale I thought that was too damned high.
They always get greedy and try to take advantage of early adopters anyways. I wasn’t about to pay 500 or 1 k for just a player either…