Piracy Causes Mental Disorders In Authors

vbimport

Luanda – The director of the National Department of Authors and Copyrights, Pinto Baptista, stressed Thursday in Luanda that piracy takes down every intellectual effort of an individual and creates mental disorders in authors, for seeing their works being stolen.

While delivering a lecture on “Issues of copyrights and others” on the fringe of the International Music and Reading Fair, happening from 13 to 19 August, stressing that this negative practice benefits the offenders that seek economic income or fame through the efforts of others.

He added that today there are people who are in the market and make success with the works of others without the slightest permission of the author.

"We have seen young people who commit plagiarism, as well as artists who do not even have the least regard for other people’s work or, in some cases, the notion of the situation. We have to educate people to ensure respect for copyrights, "he said.

Link: http://www.portalangop.co.ao/motix/en_us/noticias/lazer-e-cultura/2012/7/33/Piracy-causes-mental-disorders-authors,4803af18-61fb-4e51-adae-7e8dc5126287.html

:cool::cool:

So, it’s not the Other Way Around, eh?

Or is this Luandan pronouncement merely self-illuminating?

Personally, I still think it’s merely a demonstration of The GAWI Effect - er, Getting Away With It.

I had a mild laugh.

So, 44 NE Prince George eh!

Some where between Summit Lake and Bear Lake?

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2650488]So, it’s not the Other Way Around, eh?

Or is this Luandan pronouncement merely self-illuminating?

Personally, I still think it’s merely a demonstration of The GAWI Effect - er, Getting Away With It.[/QUOTE]

Hafta agree. Mental Illness definitely causes Piracy…:doh:

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2650534]Some where between Summit Lake and Bear Lake?[/QUOTE]
Around Otter Lake, we have a place up there. A few neighbors along that road, plus the wildlife is great. Now we’re back in Texas, land of 40c-at-9am! Ugh. I miss the GREEN.

High fixed prices on entertainment media gives me headaches.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2650799]High fixed prices on entertainment media gives me headaches.[/QUOTE]

^ If we had a “Like” or “Thanks” button, I bet this post would be highest ranked of the day. :wink:

^^^ LIKE ^^^

Yes, indeed. Make those treasured DVD-Rs from Warner Archives in the $5 range, and who’d steal 'em?!!

We have kiosks in clubs so bands and performers can sell their CDs. $5-10, and fans will buy hundreds a night. Some clubs don’t have a cover-charge, so the $10 CD offers a few dollars to the club-owner, too, but it’s all money going to the performer and the ‘host’. No steenkin’ record-company badges…

I think the piracy issues are still more Value Related than anything else - when the public perceives they’re getting screwed over (WHICH THEY ARE!), I can’t fault a backlash-response.

We’ve sold 40,000 CDs in a year thru kiosks. Who needs a bleepin’ record company?!! “Oh, we’d give you MILLIONS, though.” Yeah. And force us to sign over tens of years to jerks. “No thanks.” Signed, John Fogerty. Levon Helm. Burt Bacharach. Dixie Chicks. Eric Clapton. etc, etc.