Pioneer PDR-05 CD-R Audio

Pioneer PDR-05 Compact Disc Recorder CD-R Audio (1995 Made in Japan)

(I do not really know where to put this topic?
How something is king department would be more appropriate?)

MediaRange CD-R AUDIO 97m17s09f MBI India
Pioneer PDR-05 x1

My main question is, are still audio CD-R manufactured?

Other than that, that PIoneer looks awesome.

From what I know it is only in the segment of professional TASCAM but also record in addition to CD-R \ RW Audio on a regular CD-R \ RW.
http://tascam.com/products/cd_recorder/

If I remember correctly most old audio cd burners didnt like to bur data cd’s and required audio cds or some kind of hack so that they could record on regular cds.
I am assuming, not sure, that since this is an old audio cd-r and also aimed to consumers, it wont like data cd’s, as most of them did back then, I might be wrong, thats why I was wondering if they still manufacture audio cd’s.

Now if that pioneer works with regular cd’s, great.

Yes, of course, CD-R Audio produce still MBI \ MKM \ Ritek \ CMC and you can easily buy.
Pioneer PDR -05 only recorded on CD-R Audio -no possibility of deceiving the construction …

Nice to hear that they continue to make those audio cd’s, I never checked the atip on any audio cds’ I believe that i do have some.

I do remember that I had a huge argument back in 2000 when someone that tried to convince me that audio cd-r sounded better than cd-r, but thats a story for another time.

In addition to the small difference in the data ATIP there is no difference technical … but some argue that even this hearing :biggrin:

People want to believe that there is a difference, but there isnt one, especially if you record both discs on a PC CD-R/RW drive, with the same files and the same speed, but can argue with stupid people, they always will.

I just noticed that this looks like it has that cool, in a way turntable platter, look. That makes is even cooler.

Specifically, the equipment comes from the days when it was spared in making and technology. It is perfectly appropriately balanced by the use of plate drive …
Without updating the software records the plate very well and what does not know his time was not on the market (CD-R AUDIO 650MB \ 700MB) …
On the similar designs of the time Marantz, Sony and Teac no chance for such recording media … Only from that time are recorded correctly …

Maxell Music XL-II 80 CD-R AUDIO Ritek MID:97m15s17f Made in China
Pioneer PDR-05 x1

Maxell Music XL-II 80 CD-R AUDIO Ritek MID:97m15s17f Made in Tajwan
Pioneer PDR-05 x1

Maxell Music Printable CD-R Audio ATIP\MID 97m17s09f tłocznia Moser Baer
Pioneer PDR-05 x1

FUJI CD-R Pro Audio- CD-R AUDIO Ritek MID:97m15s17f Made in Tajwan
Pioneer PDR-05 x1

Maxell Music XL-II 80 CD-R AUDIO Ritek MID:97m15s17f Made in Tajwan
Pioneer PDR-05 zapis x1

TDK Music CD-R AUDIO Ritek MID:97m15s17f Made in China
Pioneer PDR-05 x1