Pioneer officially announces Pioneer A07 8x dual format DVD recorder

I just posted the article Pioneer officially announces Pioneer A07 8x dual format DVD recorder.

Pioneer Europe has officially announced the
Pioneer A07 dual format 8x DVD recorder. Previously some information about this
drive leaked, but now the company has disclosed the correct…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7104-Pioneer-officially-announces-Pioneer-A07-8x-dual-format-DVD-recorder.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7104-Pioneer-officially-announces-Pioneer-A07-8x-dual-format-DVD-recorder.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Well this is the fastest burner for both dvdr formats as it does 8x for dvd-r and +r and 4 for both -rw and +rw I haven’t seen any other drives offering these speeds for both formats. Well done Pioneer :B

Assuming the 8X-R/4X-RW specs are ratified.

“I haven’t seen any other drives offering these speeds for both formats.” I still haven’t! This is just an announcement, of a drive that (according to the press release) “might” be introduced in January 2004, depending on Forum approval. Don’t forget that 8x DVD+R drives have been out for months. Pioneer did not even demonstrate 8x DVD-R technology, like Philips demonstrated 16x DVD+R technology this week. The introduction of 8x DVD-R might even be around the same time of introduction of dual layer 8.5 GB DVD+R or 12-16x DVD+R drives. Mhh. “Well done Pioneer” Agreed. Excellent press release! :slight_smile:

Plextor have had an 8x recorder out for a while now guys.

that’s 8x on dvd+r dude.

but what is the CD/R/RW writing speed ??? This was always the failing to the A06 - I didn’t want to buy an A06 because it would takes ages for any CD burning.

“but what is the CD/R/RW writing speed ???” According to the press release it will write CD-R and CD-RW media at up to 24x speed. The big question will be whether or not it will be able to write at 8x on 4x media like the Plextor PX-708A does with +R. Being able to write at 8x on both -R and +R would be a definite advantage :wink:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread/t-78380.html i hope the A07 won’t be as bad as the LG 4040B at CD-R/RW…the LG is 24x/16x! yuck :o currently i’m set to get the Plextor PX-708A for christmas, hopefully the new Sony DRU-530A will be out by then & prices drop :d it’s about time for 8x-R writing, but -R aint gonna be my main burn format–just aint compatible or technically capable as +R

I think [hope!] by the time 8 speed media is in full swing, dual-layer drives & media will be out and about. I have the 106, and my next move is dual-layer, not a faster writer.

i’ve never understood the concept of burning cds with a dvd burner…if you want faster cd burning speeds buy a faster…save the dvd burner for dvds…most cases have 3 bays…use them :slight_smile:

i’ve never understood the concept of burning cds with a dvd burner…if you want faster cd burning speeds buy a faster…save the dvd burner for dvds…most cases have 3 bays…use them I agree :slight_smile: it’s about time for 8x-R writing, but -R aint gonna be my main burn format–just aint compatible or technically capable as +R I dont agree, especially the part about being more compatible, everyone knows -R is the most compatible. +RW is better for video editing and that is it.