Pioneer navigation dvd --- need to make backup

I need help – i have a pioneer navi system in my car and i ruined the dvd disc – i purchased another disc for $300.00 and i want to make a backup so i don’t have to spend that much again. I have a dual layer burner and it writes in +/- i have tried to burn it on a +dl and i have not had any success. Can ANYBODY HELP. I have been using nero 6.0 // is there some other program i need ---- there is no copyright protection on the disc ( at least thats what dvd decrypter says) ----- please let me know

Did you identify your disc? (could be done with DVD Identifier)

Whats the name of your dvd writer?

The disc may not have any digital encryption but may have a structural protection more commonly used for games such as safedisc. If it is a safedisc protected dvd then making a physical copy simply isn’t possible.

I suggest that you scan with A-Ray scanner to see whether the disc is copy protected (other than by digital encryption) and, if so, how.

Hey I know what to use to get a copy of the Pioneer NAV DVD… I’ve got mine done, I use my copy and keep the master at home. I’ll give you all the info about what DVD to use and what software and all if you will do 1 of 2 things. Either image up the DVD (like i’ll tell you) and then use WinRAR to split it into rar’s (like 50mb “disks”) and then sfv it up and then send it to me via FTP or something over the internet (cuz i want the new 2005 Pioneer NAV DVD, but don’t wanna pay the $300, I have the 2004 currently) or just make a copy for me (like I’ll tell you how to do) and send to me in the mail.
If we can work that out plz send me an email or respond to the private message I sent you.

It basically is pretty easy to make the copy. I’ve got mine done for the 40MT DVD’s (yellow on top, not the green ones) for my Pioneer AVIC-N1.
Hopefully you have those same DVD’s. I know exactly which Dual Layer (DL) DVD’s to buy too that work with the Pioneer DVD Readers as well as exactly which software to use and with what configuration. Just contact me, cuz I really wanna get the 2005 Pioneer NAV DVD’s :)\

-gimped_fool

Hey Installer,

I know how to do it. I have the Pioneer AVIC-N1 in-dash DVD w/ Navigation and I currently have the 2004 40MT Pioneer NAV DVD’s (West USA/East USA). The burner I used is the Pioneer DVR-109, which burns dual layer (DL), which is what you’re going to need.
I’ll help you get it done from start to end if you will do me the small favor of sending me the .iso you will make of the 40MT West USA DVD. It’s like 7gb, so best to send via FTP. We’ll talk more about that, but I really wanna get my hands on the 2005 40MT Pioneer NAV DVD’s (just the West USA though). Email me as soon as possible and I’ll tell you the dvd’s which work best with the Pioneer in-dash as well as what software with which settings to use to pull the DVD down to a dual layer image and then burn it properly.
You can reach me at manjomi (at) gmail (dot) com.

Have a good one my friend. :slight_smile:

-gimped_fool

Hi All. I’m brand spankin’ new to the group, and have been searching for an answer to my specific question. I’m not terribly technical, so this has been a challenge. Hopefully someone who knows that they are doing can quickly help me out.

I bought the 2007 upgrade/update dvds (east and west) for the Pioneer navigation system from ebay. I received a copy of the DVD (this is why it was only $20 instead of $250).

My DVD works great, but I want to make a copy of it as I’m prone to losing and especially scratching DVDS and CDs. That said, I thought it was going to be easy, but it’s been far from it.

I was hoping to just make a copy of it using Nero (which came with my comjputer, an HP Pavillion a775c), but it didn’t work (see, I told you I was a newbie!). I started doing research, and found that I needed a few different sw applications to make this happen. I have downloaded Alcohol 120, WinRAR, UltraISO, AoA DVD and WINASPI. All of these were mentioned as ways do possibly make me be able to copy my DVD. I have the Dual Layer DVDs.

Can anyone walk me through what I need to do? Will my DVD burner on my computer even handle this? I don’t need to alter the disc, just make a complete copy of it. Am I headed in the right direction with the software I’ve downloaded? I thought it would be as easy as just making a standard CD-R data disk. NOT!! Again, this is a copy of the original that I bought on ebay.

If anyone could lead me in the right direction, I would be sooo happy. My wife is getting pissed that I’m spending so much time on my computer trying to figure this out (but hey, at least I am avoiding watching the kids!!).

Thanks all. Cheers.

[QUOTE=captaintony;1953698]Hi All. I’m brand spankin’ new to the group, and have been searching for an answer to my specific question. I’m not terribly technical, so this has been a challenge. Hopefully someone who knows that they are doing can quickly help me out.

I bought the 2007 upgrade/update dvds (east and west) for the Pioneer navigation system from ebay. I received a copy of the DVD (this is why it was only $20 instead of $250).

[B]My DVD works great, but I want to make a copy of it[/B] as I’m prone to losing and especially scratching DVDS and CDs. That said, I thought it was going to be easy, but it’s been far from it.

I was hoping to just make a copy of it using Nero (which came with my comjputer, an HP Pavillion a775c), but it didn’t work (see, I told you I was a newbie!). I started doing research, and found that I needed a few different sw applications to make this happen. I have downloaded Alcohol 120, WinRAR, UltraISO, AoA DVD and WINASPI. All of these were mentioned as ways do possibly make me be able to copy my DVD. I have the Dual Layer DVDs.

Can anyone walk me through what I need to do? Will my DVD burner on my computer even handle this? I don’t need to alter the disc, just make a complete copy of it. Am I headed in the right direction with the software I’ve downloaded? I thought it would be as easy as just making a standard CD-R data disk. NOT!! Again, this is a copy of the original that I bought on ebay.

If anyone could lead me in the right direction, I would be sooo happy. My wife is getting pissed that I’m spending so much time on my computer trying to figure this out (but hey, at least I am avoiding watching the kids!!).

Thanks all. Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, you cannot (especially not with Nero!) and no one else without hacking knowledge & regarding setup can.

Is the hardware on my computer worthy of the job? It doesn’t say anything about not being able to burn a dual-layer DVD.

And trust me, I can figure it out if I just have the right tools, even if I’m not a ‘hacker’ I figured out satellite emulation with no problems (using an old computer as my emulation hardware). I’ll take the pepsi challenge any frickin’ day.

Here’s how I was thinking I could do it: Capture the DVD image (7.28Gb) using Alcohol 120% (Media Descriptor File, MDF). Then compress it using WinRAR. I will probably need to decompress the MDF file to the original 7.28Gb image, then burn it to a double layer (DVD-DL) disc. Would this work?

[QUOTE=captaintony;1954051]Is the hardware on my computer worthy of the job? It doesn’t say anything about not being able to burn a dual-layer DVD.

And trust me, I can figure it out if I just have the right tools, even if I’m not a ‘hacker’ [B]I figured out satellite emulation with no problems[/B] (using an old computer as my emulation hardware). I’ll take the pepsi challenge any frickin’ day.

Here’s how I was thinking I could do it: Capture the DVD image (7.28Gb) using Alcohol 120% (Media Descriptor File, MDF). Then compress it using WinRAR. I will probably need to decompress the MDF file to the original 7.28Gb image, then burn it to a double layer (DVD-DL) disc. Would this work?[/QUOTE]

First that is no term to be discussed here, even not mentioned.
These days even a 10 year old can achieve that, I can assure you.

Forget about the “compression” thing, it will make things more complicated and useless.
Any dvd drive available in the public has to meet specific specs, and if you get a DVD or even a CD media that has a corrupted or even “altered” structure then a normal device/drive cannot recognize such things and as a result make no real or working copy of it.

So, best is you use something like Alcohol software and try your luck.

[quote=captaintony;1953698]I bought the 2007 upgrade/update dvds (east and west) for the Pioneer navigation system from ebay. [B]I received a copy of the DVD (this is why it was only $20 instead of $250[/B]).[/quote]Sorry but you’ll get no help with illegally-acquired copies here, especially how to further replicate them. Read the rules that you signed up to:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/announcement-rules-forum-some-tips-guidelines.html

Thread closed.