Pioneer launches DVR-112 18x DVD writers

vbimport

I just posted the article Pioneer launches DVR-112 18x DVD writers.

Pioneer has announced is launch of two new internal DVD writers, the DVR-112 multi-format drive and the DVR-112 dual-format drive. Both drives feature 18x DVD±R write performance and 10x…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12984-Pioneer-launches-DVR-112-18x-DVD-writers.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12984-Pioneer-launches-DVR-112-18x-DVD-writers.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Awesome. I love Pioneer DVD burners. Now, if only dual-layer discs would come down in price…

I have a Pioneer DVR-111. Best Burner I ever bought! :slight_smile:

Does anyone proofread these things? 1. Two new drives, with identical model numbers??? (the DVR-112 and the DVR-112). 2. The DVR-12 (what?) does X. 3. The DVR-112D (ditto!) does Y.

Does anyone have a clue when it will be available in the U.S.? The link to their press release doesn’t even mention North America for availability.

It’s available now, at Best Buy. I bought one the other day, for $65 regular price plus a 12% off coupon for reward zone members to make it $57. It’s given me very good scans after flashing it to 112L with Dangerous Brothers firmware. You might wanna wait till it’s on sale though. I bought it expensively to have Nero 7, since Nero 6 was giving me problems with Vista.

It’s available now, at Best Buy. I bought one the other day, for $65 regular price plus a 12% off coupon for reward zone members to make it $57. It’s given me very good scans after flashing it to 112L with Dangerous Brothers firmware. You might wanna wait till it’s on sale though. I bought it expensively to have Nero 7, since Nero 6 was giving me problems with Vista.

Hmm … that’s strange. Here in Australia Pioneer only sells the DVR-112D and DVR-212. The 112 (Dunce Model) has no DVD-RAM writing support.

Thanks for the tip, Random Guy! I just noticed that the U.S. retail version of 112L is known as the 1810. Unless I missed something, though, it only reads dvd-rom, while the 112 (no “L”) reads AND writes dvd-rom. If that’s the case, and the 112 won’t be available for awhile, I’m thinking of going with the LG GSA-H22N.

dammit!! no editing function here! I meant to write “…it only reads dvd-ram while the 112 (no “L”) reads AND writes dvd-ram.”

That’s what I bought, the DVR-1810. It came with a 112D drive with 1.06 firmware, with DVD-RAM read only. Now that I switched to the Dangerous Brothers 112L v8.06 firmware (and voided the warranty), I have DVD-RAM read and write.

Also, the way it came, 112D, there was automatic DVD+R booktype on single layer DVD+R and automatic DVD-ROM booktype on DVD+R DL. After switching to 112L, it automatically booktyped both DVD+R and DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM.

The answers are from Pioneer. 1. Why is it that the DVR-212 and DVR-A12XL provide DVD-RAM support and the DVR-112D does not? Answer 1 : The bulk of the market use the DVR-112D, and don’t need the DVD-RAM feature, thus the DVR-112D was made for this purpose and price range. 2. I would prefer to purchase DVR-A12XL without the bundled s/w as I already have it. Does Pioneer make this an option? Answer 2 : As a Retail option this is not available 3. What are the differences between DVR-A12XL and DVR-112D apart from bundled s/w and DVD-RAM support. Answer 3 : The DVR-112D has a ONE YEAR warranty and the DVR-A12XL TWO YEAR warranty. Also the DVR-112D comes with the options of Beige and Black colours, and the DVR-A12XL has options of Beige, Black and Silver.