Pioneer first to reveal two Ultra HD Blu-ray drives for the PC – require Windows 10 and Kaby Lake

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Pioneer first to reveals two Ultra HD Blu-ray drives for the PC – require Windows 10 and Kaby Lake

Pioneer Japan today announced two Ultra HD Blu-ray drives for the PC which are scheduled to go on sale next month. The drives come in the regular 3.5" form-factor and require Windows 10, a decent amount of RAM and at least a Core i5 or Core i7 Kaby Lake CPU.
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/pioneer-first-reveals-two-ultra-hd-blu-ray-drives-pc-require-windows-10-kaby-lake-81337/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Power DVD I could live with, but Win 10, not a snowball’s chance in hell.
And what about we devout AMD users?
Don’t see these being big sellers!

Someone else then will sell to AMD users without WinX requirements OR they better take that BR thing off the market right away.

well you certainly can’t play ultra hd bluray discs with powerdvd 14 :stuck_out_tongue:

olddancer, I feel exactly the same way about this new drive and I’m a long time AMD user.

I think there’s a mess surrounding HDMI 2.0a & HDCP 2.2 support. Hopefully CyberLink will enable support on systems with the latest generation AMD & NVIDIA cards, without waiting for whatever they release in 2017.

“regular 3.5″ form-factor”??

[QUOTE=pcarey;2787510]“regular 3.5″ form-factor”??[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for spotting that mistake. :flower:

I still remember when I used 3.5" disks. Those were easily my favorite floppies, although that might be due to the fact that I never got to play with a Zip Drive.

I can remember using the 2.88MB 3.5" floppies at work many years ago. Not being networked at the time, our Cal-Comp engineering pen plotter (and later on, an HP inkjet plotter) used a stand-alone 3.5" floppy disk reader connected to it to read in the AutoCAD drawing plots. Long ago and far away.

I never had a 2.44MB floppy, only the 1.44MB variant. I would have loved to have 2.44MB disks at the time.