Pioneer DVR-K14 Firmware 1.14 Media Compatability

I has a new Pioneer DVR-K14 Burner installed in my HP laptop. What is the most compatable DVD media for this drive. It hates Iamation DVD+R 16x and won’t burn them …great coaster maker. It will do Maxel DVD-RW 2x with no problems. Please help as Katrina already put the hurt on me and this situation might just push me over the edge. I don’t want to waste a lot of money on media trying to figure out what to use …I am looking for faster speed DVD + - R or RW that this Pioneer DVR-K14 Firmware Version 1.14 will burn video files to. Thanks . I am already washed up and soon to become burned out in Louisiana. :a :bow: :a

Welcome to CDF :flower:

You could always try the “safe” option - Verbatim, as they’re widely available, and supported by most firmware.

Just remember to get the right speed discs for your drive (8x, I believe, but I could be wrong) :slight_smile:

Its a 24 speed if that makes any differance. I haven’t been to England in close to 20 years. It is the land of my ancestors. I loved London and Manchester although my plane almost crashed! One more storm like Katrina and I might be your neighbor. Richard. The Verbatims seem to be well priced does the form matter whether they are + or - ? Thanks so much for all the help.

Hehe, I’ve never been to Manchester, and only been to London once :o - sorry to hear you had such a bad time with Katrina!

Nope, - or + is fine, as long as they’re 8x discs (I think the 24x may refer to the CD part).

I like to use +R myself, but that’s just a personal preference :slight_smile:

According to Nero’s Drive info tool the Dvd + - rw Drive speed is read 24x and write 24x. Why do you think it is 8x? Thanks. Richard. Does your user name refere to spiders? Thanks again.