Pioneer DVR-216BK v1.09 Book Type

I have read that the model above will automatically bitset DVD+R to DVD-ROM but whenever i checked the Disc Info under Nero Burning ROM 8 Lite, it says the disc burned is DVD+R. Is there any way i can verify that the book type has been changed?

Another weird thing which i noticed is there is no option to change the book types under the options for the recorder as seen below:

You have to use MEDIA CODE SPEED EDIT to enable bitsetting.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/mediacodespeededit-support-pioneer-dvd-writers-153213/

BTW nero is crappy to use for burning dvd media. Use IMGBURN.

I see. Thanks for the heads up. I thought it was already enabled by default.

Why is it crappy?

Bitsetting is only automatic on DVD+R DL (to DVD ROM). If you require single layer bitsetting, you will need to modify the firmware with MCSE as stated above.

No programs will allow you to alter the bitsetting (On Pioneer drives) as it is coded into the firmware. It is not user selectable.

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;2268845]Bitsetting is only automatic on DVD+R DL (to DVD ROM). If you require single layer bitsetting, you will need to modify the firmware with MCSE as stated above.

No programs will allow you to alter the bitsetting (On Pioneer drives) as it is coded into the firmware. It is not user selectable.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the further elaboration :bow: But why bitsetting is only automatic for DL and not SL? It doesn’t really make sense.

Did the manual (lost mine) actually provide all this information?

[QUOTE=btfan;2271630]Thanks for the further elaboration :bow: But why bitsetting is only automatic for DL and not SL? It doesn’t really make sense.

Did the manual (lost mine) actually provide all this information?[/QUOTE]

Asked and answered numerous times in this forum…

Pioneer always is the key member of DVD-R, not DVD+R and only DVD+R includes bitsetting, otherwise it would have been DEAD from day #1.