Pioneer DVR-215D no longer reads CD/DVD since FW1.22

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-215D. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]As I’m still struggeling with the same “device not ready” problem since earlier this year and I noticed there was a new firmware for my burner, I grabbed it from the Pioneer site yesterday and hoped this would be my salvation.

Haven’t tried burning yet, but I already noticed a problem since the flashing (which went fine btw):
When I put a burnt CD+R or DVD-R in the drive my Vista Ultimata x64 doesn’t see any data. It suggests to format the blanc disc :doh:
The same discs are read without any problem by my HP DVD-ROM.

Odd thing, when I put a DVD-video (original, haven’t tried with copy) in it, and launch Media player classic, the video starts playing via file -> open disc.
Same thing with an audio CD using Winamp.

Any suggestions, or have I produced another RMA? :rolleyes:

guess what… I just burnt 2 DVD+R’s with my 215D, and the drive now also reads DVD/CD’s from the Windows explorer.
Might be some glitch in the new FW?? :confused:
Anyway, I hope it stays this way, and that “drive not available” error no longer comes back :Z

Never forget that a firmware update is no magic healer, especially not for hardware issues!!

Who says it’s a hardware problem? I had the same [I]device not available[/I] error with my previous drive. Have your read my other post?
Firmware = software

[QUOTE=Freeco;2180477]Who says it’s a hardware problem? I had the same [I]device not available[/I] error with my previous drive. Have your read my other post?
Firmware = software[/QUOTE]

And who says its not??

Firmware is not only software, its devicespecific software!

well, I’ve written another 5 DVD+R’s today without any coaster.
It’s been a very very long time since I was able to write this many discs without any problem!
Hope it stays this way :iagree: