Pioneer DVR-215: Post your scans and questions here

vbimport

Dont worry Jim, sometime it happens :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=vroom;2548653]Dont worry Jim, sometime it happens :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I was worried :disagree:

IJ printable T02

How to downgrade F.W 1.22 to 1.18 ( 215 and 115 )
TIA

http://dvrflash.rpc1.org/

[QUOTE=chef;2558780]http://dvrflash.rpc1.org/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info chef :slight_smile:

Hey Burnsama, you are welcome!
If you have issues with it, please ask. :flower:

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2558632]How to downgrade F.W 1.22 to 1.18 ( 215 and 115 )
TIA[/QUOTE]

Hello Burnsama :slight_smile:

May i ask you why you wanted downgrade F.W 1.22 to 1.18?

Is FW 1.18 better than 1.22?

Another question please: Is bitsetting for +R include on this firmware?

Thank you very much in advance :bow:

Hello everyone,

Please help me about my Pionner DVR 215 drives that i’ll install now:

Is the firmware 1.18 better than 1.22?

One or both these firmwares enables bitsetting for Verbatim DVD+R media?

In case that these firmwares doesn’t enable bitsetting what i have to do for enable bitsetting?

Thank you in advance!

Please… Help me!

@Learning More

Well you can always try the firmware that the drive came shipped with, and looking back a few pages i can say that if you use good media, you wont have any problems.
I am not sure how bitsetting works, it’s been a long time since i used my 215, but i remember that MCSE could edit the firmware.

I crossflashed my 215D using the Buffalo firmware to make it a 215L. That enabled bitsetting for the drive. Been too long since then however, so I don’t remember the steps. You’d have to look up the process here on the forums and find the Buffalo firmware.

http://www.movie2digital.at/index.php?page=DownloadDBData&dataID=4

Format erroe problem on WindowsVista DVD-RAM Full Format are solved.
DVD-R16X Writability has improved .
+R16X Writability has improved .

DVD-RAM Writability has improved
DVD-R DL Writability has improved.
+R DL Writability has improved.
Support New 16x DVD-R Media
( 18x writing: CMC, RITEC,Infosource,TMI,Videolar)
( 16x writing: MBI, Optodisc)
Support New 8x DVD-R DL Media
(8x writing:CMC)
(4x writing:PRINKO)
Support New 4x DVD-R DL Media
Support New 6x DVD-RW Media
( 6x writing:INFOMEDIA)
Support New 16x +R Media
(16x writing:Optodisc)
Support New 8x +R DL Media
(8x writing:CMC)
Support New 8x +RW Media
( 8x writing:RITEK )

[QUOTE=vroom;2588367]@Learning More

Well you can always try the firmware that the drive came shipped with, and looking back a few pages i can say that if you use good media, you wont have any problems.
I am not sure how bitsetting works, it’s been a long time since i used my 215, but i remember that MCSE could edit the firmware.[/QUOTE]

Hello vroom :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help!

The reason i asked If firmware 1.18 is better than 1.22 was because our friend Burnsama wanted downgrade F.W 1.22 to 1.18. Then, i tought that maybe firmware 1.22 was worst than the 1.18.

i think maybe the better for me is start with the FW 1.18… :wink:

About the media i only use Verbatim MCC 003 made in India, in Taiwan and some i’ve got made in UAE.

Again, vroom, thank you very much for your help :flower:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2588373]I crossflashed my 215D using the Buffalo firmware to make it a 215L. That enabled bitsetting for the drive. Been too long since then however, so I don’t remember the steps. You’d have to look up the process here on the forums and find the Buffalo firmware.[/QUOTE]

Hello Kerry,

Thank you for your help!

Some years ago i bought some Pionner DVR 215, because one of Dee’s reviews said that this DVD writer was very good. The worst was … no bitsetting. Telling the truth i don’t know nothing about bitsetting, crossflash… whatever it means :o :o :o

In other hands my english is very poor and as i’m too old all the things become more difficult to me :frowning:

In fact i’m not sure if i’m able to achieve bitsetting on my Pionner DVR 215 with the know how i have now. :frowning:

Then my friend let me ask you what i loose if i don’t accomplish the bitsetting :confused:

Once more time thank you very much Kerry for your kind help :bow:

As you said, start with the 1.18 and if you are happy with the results then stay with that firmware, and dont bother flashing another, especially if you only use MCC media.

Bitsetting will change the booktype of your disc from dvd+r or DVD-RW and DVD +R DL to DVD-ROM. From that you will gain compatibility on older dvd players, but most of the modern players out there can read the disc perfect without the help of bitsetting,

I think that the pioneer changes the bitesetting automatically to DVD-ROM on +R dual layer media.

Hi memory :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your help :flower:

May you tell me please if the “Labelflash für Pioneer 215 und 215D” includes the bitsettimg?

TIA

[QUOTE=vroom;2588563]As you said, start with the 1.18 and if you are happy with the results then stay with that firmware, and dont bother flashing another, especially if you only use MCC media.

Bitsetting will change the booktype of your disc from dvd+r or DVD-RW and DVD +R DL to DVD-ROM. From that you will gain compatibility on older dvd players, but most of the modern players out there can read the disc perfect without the help of bitsetting,

I think that the pioneer changes the bitesetting automatically to DVD-ROM on +R dual layer media.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much vroom for your time and kind help. :flower::clap::bow:

Thank you very much for your help :flower:

May you tell me please if the “Labelflash für Pioneer 215 und 215D” includes the bitsettimg?

TIA[/QUOTE]

i think so.
the second title of the link is “Firmware 1.18 MCSE_RPC1/Bitsetting/Readspeed für Pioneer DVR-215/215D (SATA only!)” :bigsmile:

and …

Diese (this) Firmware beinhaltet (includes):

Labelflash
RPC1 (regionfrei)
Readspeedpatch (Rippen DVD+/-/R oder DVD-ROM/DVD+R DL bis 16x
Permanentbitsetting bei DVD+R
DVD-RAM schreiben (writing) :wink:

for the 1.22 fw i had heard after the 1.22 you can’t flash back to 1.18 or earlier fw versions.

[QUOTE=memory;2588576]

i think so.
the second title of the link is “Firmware 1.18 MCSE_RPC1/Bitsetting/Readspeed für Pioneer DVR-215/215D (SATA only!)” :bigsmile:

and …

Diese (this) Firmware beinhaltet (includes):

Labelflash
RPC1 (regionfrei)
Readspeedpatch (Rippen DVD+/-/R oder DVD-ROM/DVD+R DL bis 16x
Permanentbitsetting bei DVD+R
DVD-RAM schreiben (writing) :wink:

for the 1.22 fw i had heard after the 1.22 you can’t flash back to 1.18 or earlier fw versions.[/QUOTE]

i know it’s very hard to believe, but the acknolegment i have of the German language it’s much more worst than the acknolegment i’ve of English language :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Sorry, but i’m trying to joke with my ignorance :bigsmile:

Thank you very much for your help memory :flower::bow: