I just bought a pioneer DVR-215 SATA writer and keep getting “internal target error” with Nero (v188.8.131.52).
I’m using 1st grade verbatim media (MCC03RG20) and it doesn’t matter what speed I burn at I keep getting this error.
The error seems to be well documented with pioneer drives but there doesn’t seem to be a solution.
Ive tried a number of things which include:
- Updating motherboard bios (Asus M2N32SLI Deluxe),
- Updating nforce 590 drivers,
- Updating dvd drive firmware to v1.18,
- New SATA cable,
- Swapping SATA ports,
- Swapping between DMA modes,
- Using different burning programs,
- Changing SATA drivers, and
- Burning at different speeds.
None of these have helped so any advice would be appreciated.