Pioneer DVR-212D trouble with CD-R

vbimport

It’s been a while since I burnt a CD-R. My DVR-212D is flashed to MCSE edited 1.24 firmware with all the goodies enabled and burns DVDs fine. In fact it’s never had a problem until last night when I popped a CD-R in.

I’ve tried Verbatim as well as Riteks and none of them would get past Lead-in. ImgBurn tells me incompatible media and a whole bunch of errors. Asks me to retry. Nero would not burn either and I’ve also tried just using iTunes’ internal burning engine. All fails.

Has anyone had trouble burning CD-Rs with the 212Ds?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/Important%3A+Notice+Regarding+CD+Read+and+Write+Functionality+in+Certain+Pioneer+Computer+Drive+Models

Possibility maybe??? :confused: :confused:
Same hardware right??

Hmm maybe, I think I’m going to RMA the drive and see how it goes.

strang you’ll have to flash the drive back to the official Pioneer firmware since you’ve used a 3rd party firmware if you want Pioneer to fix the cd-r problem. I sent my 212 drive back as well to Pioneer and they repaired it the cd-r problem.

Yeah, DON"T FORGET to flash it back !!! :iagree:

Oh I will, I’ll just put stock 1.24 back on. But it’s safe to say that firmware isn’t the culprit and it’s a hardware fault correct?

Yes.

Whoa guys, just because it quacks like a duck doesn’t make it a duck.

What’s the build date and hardware configuration please?

Not sure about build date, but purchased April 14, 2007. Yes, I know it’s been a while but I haven’t burnt a CD-R for a long while.

Asus P5B-E motherboard, so Intel’s ICH8 southbridge.

if it was bought in april, chances are you got a defective drive. Anything up to March of 07 had this issue before it was rectified. The build date of your drive could very well be pre March.

[QUOTE=cantankerous;2001307]if it was bought in april, chances are you got a defective drive. Anything up to March of 07 had this issue before it was rectified. The build date of your drive could very well be pre March.[/QUOTE]

Yes I would check the build date and if its Dec06-Feb07 RMA it immediately.