Pioneer DVR-116DBK Firmware Question

I need a new DVD burner and I’m about to buy a Pioneer burner for the first time.

Is this the proper firmware for this particular model (DVR-116DBK) ? LINK - DVR-116D (SV BK D)

I also included a picture of the firmware description:

If it’s not the proper firmware… or not the latest firmware… could someone please link me to the right one. Thank you very, very much. :slight_smile:

Yes, that is correct. There is not a newer firmware currently available, but most new models are being shipped with a later firmware then is available for download.

yes, unless your drive comes with 1.08.

edit//what he said

Thank you! :slight_smile:

109 is now out.

http://wwwbsc.pioneer.co.jp/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00001r_e.html#firmware1

[QUOTE=Thunderbolt69;2159264]109 is now out.

http://wwwbsc.pioneer.co.jp/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00001r_e.html#firmware1

[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=troy512;2153668]yes, unless your drive comes with 1.08.

edit//what he said[/QUOTE]

I have just got a 116D and that has the 1.08 firmware. Is the 1.09 firmware that is on the website newer than this and if so, what are the differences & should I update to this. Regards John.

@ JohnWB,

Welcome to the Forum.

Yes Firmware Version 1.09 is newer more current up to date Firmware than the older Version 1.08 Firmware.

To obtain the optimal performance from your DVD Burner it is always prudent to have the newest more current up to date Firmware installed.

If you review the Firmware “Change History” you will see that Firmware Version 1.09 provides the following improvements ->

Format error problem on Windows Vista DVD-RAM Full Format are solved.

Resolves LED lamp issues.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=bjkg;2193356]@ JohnWB,

Welcome to the Forum.

Yes Firmware Version 1.09 is newer more current up to date Firmware than the older Version 1.08 Firmware.

To obtain the optimal performance from your DVD Burner it is always prudent to have the newest more current up to date Firmware installed.

If you review the Firmware “Change History” you will see that Firmware Version 1.09 provides the following improvements ->

Format error problem on Windows Vista DVD-RAM Full Format are solved.

Resolves LED lamp issues.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, is there anything special about flashing the firmware, ie safemode etc

[QUOTE=JohnWB;2193400]Thanks for that, is there anything special about flashing the firmware, ie safemode etc[/QUOTE]

I had no problems flashing the firmware. I downloaded it onto my desktop, clicked the file and followed the oncscreen instruction. Make sure you reboot your PC after you flash it. :slight_smile:

I don’t think you have to flash it in safemode. I didn’t. :slight_smile:

No need to reboot in most cases anyway.

[QUOTE=OAS;2193545]I had no problems flashing the firmware. I downloaded it onto my desktop, clicked the file and followed the oncscreen instruction. Make sure you reboot your PC after you flash it. :slight_smile:

I don’t think you have to flash it in safemode. I didn’t. :)[/QUOTE

Flashed ok with no problems, thanks for the advice.

Does this firmware now support DVD-ROM? If not, can someone please point me to the modified firmware to accomplish that and will I have any problems with the modified firmware?

[QUOTE=smata67;2215102]Does this firmware now support DVD-ROM? If not, can someone please point me to the modified firmware to accomplish that and will I have any problems with the modified firmware?[/QUOTE]

You have to use MediaCodeSpeedEdit to mod the firmware…