Pioneer DVR-116D Flashing Question

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-115D / DVR-1910. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello, I am looking for some assistance with my Pioneer DVR-116D Burner.

I have flashed the burner with the official firmware files from Pioneer, version 1.09, filenames

A0815001.109
R116D.exe

I used DVR_Flash v2.6.0, win32 version. I closed all programs, including those in the TaskBar, and ran DVR_Flash v2.6.0 to flash the drive with v1.09. It flashed successfully and all seemed fine, but I am now getting read errors from pressed CD’s.

I would like to revert back to version 1.06, which is the version that I believe was factory installed. I don’t need any other features, just the basics.

I never checked, or I cannot remember the version that was installed on it when I bought it, and I assumed v1.09 from Pioneer would not cause problems. So I checked the Review on CDFreaks website for the 116D and the one that was tested was built in May 2008 and had version 1.06. Mine was built in June 2008, so I am guessing mine also had v1.06 or maybe 1.07.

I have two folders that contain slightly different files:

1. DVRA16_106
    A0015430.104
    A0015431.106

2. Firmware Files
    A0815001.106
    R116D.exe

Question: Can I flash back to version 1.06? And if so, should I flash the Kernel & Firmware files in DVRA16_106, or the 2 files in my other folder named Firmware Files?

I have completely read the post

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43868&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

No discussion about going backwards.

Any help would be appreciated.

@ tricks,

Welcome to the Forum.

The Pioneer DVR-116D version 1.09 Firmware is a known proven stable error free Firmware release and there should be no reason to revert to an older out of date obsolete DVR-116D Firmware to enable ‘better’ performance from your Pioneer DVR-116D Drive than can be obtained from the Pioneer DVR-116D version 1.09 Firmware.

Regards,
bjkg

Thanks for the quick reply bjkg,

Is there any software to test the read quality of my Pioneer burner now? Also, is there a util. that reads both the Firmware [I]and [/I]Kernel loaded on the drive? I can easily get the firmware version using any number of different utilities, but not the kernel version.

Thanks
Tricks

Going backwards for what?

Kernel is only necessary for crossflashing.

[QUOTE=tricks;2182940][qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-115D / DVR-1910. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello, I am looking for some assistance with my Pioneer DVR-116D Burner.

I have flashed the burner with the official firmware files from Pioneer, version 1.09, filenames

A0815001.109
R116D.exe

I used DVR_Flash v2.6.0, win32 version. I closed all programs, including those in the TaskBar, and ran DVR_Flash v2.6.0 to flash the drive with v1.09. It flashed successfully and all seemed fine, but I am now getting read errors from pressed CD’s.

I would like to revert back to version 1.06, which is the version that I believe was factory installed. I don’t need any other features, just the basics.

I never checked, or I cannot remember the version that was installed on it when I bought it, and I assumed v1.09 from Pioneer would not cause problems. So I checked the Review on CDFreaks website for the 116D and the one that was tested was built in May 2008 and had version 1.06. Mine was built in June 2008, so I am guessing mine also had v1.06 or maybe 1.07.

I have two folders that contain slightly different files:

1. DVRA16_106
    A0015430.104
    A0015431.106

2. Firmware Files
    A0815001.106
    R116D.exe

Question: Can I flash back to version 1.06? And if so, should I flash the Kernel & Firmware files in DVRA16_106, or the 2 files in my other folder named Firmware Files?

I have completely read the post

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43868&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

No discussion about going backwards.

Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Yes you really don’t want to revert to an older firmware on the 116D because the older firmwares are very immature and yoiu will not experience as good as write quality. It seems to me either your pressed cd’s are messe3d up or your drive is messed up this is not a firmware issue at all

In December 2008 I had the problem was that my newly purchased
burners i.e. Pioneer DVR-116D only produced DVD-R discs which could be
played inside the burner DVR-116D itself. The burned DVD-R discs were
e.g. not playable inside my old Pioneer DVD-player DV-535. You can
imagine that this pissed me off.

Yesterday it Dawned on me that the guys on rpc1.org had created a procedure
which they call [I]“Cross Flashing”[/I]. Here’s how i properly flashed my Pioneer
DVR-116D DVD Burners :

[B]Flashing DVR-116 ANY[/B]
http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45407

stock,

you are still using CRAP media, no surprise you got issues…

@ stock,

‘CrossingFlashing’ the Pioneer DVR-116D to Pioneer DVR-116 isn’t anything new. If you personally closely review the CD Freaks Pioneer DVD Burner Forum you would find there are already previous existing Pioneer DVR-116D “CrossFlasing” Postings threads.

Haven’t you been previously informed in your The Firmware Page Forum posting that you reference in your above #6 posting that the Ritek Media you are attempting to use has known serious reflectivity and degradation problems and the poor quality problematic Ritek Media was the cause of your Pioneer DVR-116D problem?

Regards,
bjkg