Pioneer DVR-116 DVD+RW BITSETTING?

There is any way that the author of mcse will add a patch to enable DVD+RW and DVD-RW auto-bisetting?

My damn dvd/dvx player doesnt recognize dvd+rw media :frowning:

supertommy,

Why?

Haven’t you been informed in another Forum (The Firmware Page) that Bit Sitting of DVD+RW Media to DVD-ROM is problematic and causes compatibility issues?

Regards,
bjkg

Bitsetting on DVD-RW is not possible at all because the area where the booktype is stored cannot be written on -R/RW media

hey liggy, is it possible to bitset dvd+r as dvd-r??
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/settings-utility-liteon-drives-v1-1-0-a-241940/index4.html#post2139978

I’m not sure if it can be done with a Pioneer drive but it can easily be done on NEC/Optiarc burners. However it doesn’t really make sense to use anything else than either the original disctype or DVD-ROM.

Looking at the post you linked to, I don’t know what question I didn’t respond to. But when I send a 0x01 to the drive for DVD-ROM, I’m using 0x20 for DVD-R

[QUOTE=Liggy;2141168]I’m not sure if it can be done with a Pioneer drive but it can easily be done on NEC/Optiarc burners. However it doesn’t really make sense to use anything else than either the original disctype or DVD-ROM.

Looking at the post you linked to, I don’t know what question I didn’t respond to. But when I send a 0x01 to the drive for DVD-ROM, I’m using 0x20 for DVD-R[/QUOTE]off topic:

I back then just wondered if it really changed the disc. Never had a picky -R player to try it out on. That was my reason for doing it. But that answer is good enough for me Liggy :flower:

i really dont know whi is problematic but if dvd+rw is set to dvd-rom my dvd player play IT…
but my burner cant do that

supertommy,

What leads you to believe that if DVD+RW Media is book type bit set to DVD-ROM that it will play in your DVD Player?

Also provide the Make and Model Number of your DVD Player.

BeLooken

[QUOTE=Liggy;2141168]I’m not sure if it can be done with a Pioneer drive but it can easily be done on NEC/Optiarc burners. However it doesn’t really make sense to use anything else than either the original disctype or DVD-ROM.

Looking at the post you linked to, I don’t know what question I didn’t respond to. But when I send a 0x01 to the drive for DVD-ROM, I’m using 0x20 for DVD-R[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reply, even if off topic. :slight_smile:

my dvd/dvx player is an LG DVX9900 and it read everythink dvd-r dvd+r dvd-rw only dvd+rw doesnt work it say to me “WRONG DISC TYPE” so i think is a booktype problem… when it doesnt recognize a disc it simply doesnt recognize it.

is technically possible to do this patch? I mean there is somewhere in the firmware somethink that say

if “mediatype = dvd+r o& dvd+r dl” then (booktype) “dvd-rom”

if the man who created mediacoed speed edit want to do i think would be easy for him to add dvd-rw as mediatype to booktype to “DVD-ROM”, if he want i will be a suicide BETA TESTER.

@ supertommy,

Perchance have you referred to your LG DVX-9900 User Manual? The LG DVX-9900 User Manual states “Supported Media: DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM”. So if data is CORRECTLY recorder to DVD+RW Media your LG DVX-9900 DVD player will play it. I would assume your inability to successfully record to data to your DVD+RW Media is either caused by the use of poor quality DVD+RW Media and/or recording procedural problems.

The author of Media Code Speed Edit utilty software program is Forum Member ala42. Purhaps you might concider contacting him.

Regards,
bjkg

i used dvd+rw by VERBATIM 8x CERTIFIED advanced serl+

i guess them should be the best …

[QUOTE=supertommy;2141736]is technically possible to do this patch? I mean there is somewhere in the firmware somethink that say

if “mediatype = dvd+r o& dvd+r dl” then (booktype) “dvd-rom”[/QUOTE]
There’s just 2 bits that need to be changed in the firmware for every mediatype if you want to change the booktype. However changing the booktype for DVD+RW only works if the disc has not been written to before - just like it is on NEC/Optiarc drives.

@ supertommy,

Your LG DVX-9900 supports the use of DVD+RW Media so you should not need to have to book type bit set DVD+RW Media to DVD-ROM for your DVD+RW Media to be correctly recognized by your LG DVX-9900.

Your LG DVX-9900 supports the use of DVD+RW Media and you are using quality error free Verbatim DVD+RW Media so the next area to focus on is to ensure that you are in fact correctly recording your data to the Verbatim DVD+RW Media disk.

Suggest using a brand new out of the box Verbatim DVD+RW Media disk and fully ensure that you correctly record the data to this brand new out of the box Verbatim DVD+RW Media disk and see if you are successfully able to have this particular Verbatim DVD+RW Media disk be correctly recognized by your LG DVX-9900.

Regards,
bjkg

problem is the verbatim dvd+rw 8x…

i tried TDK 4x dvd+rw and works GREAT…

but i really dont know whi verbatim should be better than this tdk…

i m really confused

8x 'DVD+RW is really only useful for usage with dvd drives, not standalones.

how can you say that?

[QUOTE=supertommy;2142522]how can you say that?[/QUOTE]

Because of my own finding, by trying that.

[quote=chef;2142481]8x 'DVD+RW is really only useful for usage with dvd drives, not standalones.[/quote] 8x DVD+RW (Verbatim and Ricoh) work fine for quickly saving stuff on my Sony RDR-HX910 HDD/DVD recorder - and it does burn at 8x, so much faster than using 4x media. :slight_smile:

Yep, surely the result changes rapidly when using NEWER devices.