Pioneer DVR-115D what Firmware?

vbimport

Hi,

I have just got a Pioneer DVR-115D, how can I tell what version of firmware is installed on it and why wont it write cd text?

Cheers

Paul

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

You can find out what firmware is on your 115D (I believe 1.18 might be the latest?) with Nero Info Tool. This will also tell you if your drive supports CD-TEXT.

Hi Arachne thank you for the quick reply,

I have run Nero Info tool and it says that the firmware version is 1.13 and the drive does not write cd text!

How do I update the firmware to 1.18?

Cheers

Paul

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome on board Tropheus :iagree::clap:
Just download the f/w from here.
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/support/support/software.html
Then double click on the file > click Run button.
Then follow the process to the end. :cool:

Thanks guys that worked a treat, now on 1.18.

I am surprised that this drive does not support CD-TEXT is this a good thing or bad?

@ Tropheus,

I have 2 Pioneer DVR-115Ds CrossFlashed to DVR-A15J v1.18 (DVR-115L) and according to N e r o Info Tool both these Drives support CD Text read.

Regards,
bjkg

I have 2 DVR 115D with 1.18 original firmware and both of them support CD Text read.

Yes Sorry, what I should have said was that the drive does not support CD-TEXT write.

You are both correct the drive supports CD-TEXT read.

Is this drive a good choice for CD burning? My old drive was a PlexWriter 16/10/40A I am not interested in speed just quality of the burn.

IMHO Pioneers are great burners for both CD & DVD’s

Yo-

I use both my 115’s exclusively to write my CD-R’s -eh!!!

Thanks guys for all your reply’s, gues I did ok getting the 115.

So what are the best reader/ripping drive out there?

@ Tropheus,

Unfortunately the Pioneer DVR-115D doesn’t support N e r o CD-DVD Speed Disk Quality Scanning.

I would suggest either a Lite-On DH-20A4 series or a Lite-On DH-20A3 series DVD Burner that supports N e r o CD-DVD Speed Disk Quality Scanning which are also good Ripper/Readers.

That way if you desire checking the Burn Quality of DVD Media Burned by your Pioneer DVR-115D you could either use a Lite-On DH-20A4 series or a Lite-On DH-20A3 series DVD Burner to perform N e r o CD-DVD Speed Disk Quality Scanning of your on DVD Media burned by your Pioneer DVR-115D.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=bjkg;2082606]@ Tropheus,

I have 2 Pioneer DVR-115Ds CrossFlashed to DVR-A15J v1.18 (DVR-115L) and according to N e r o Info Tool both these Drives support CD Text read.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]
Hi bjkg,

Do your crossflashed drives write CD-Text or do they only read it like the 115D?

@ Tropheus,

If your question is a Pioneer DVR-115D ‘CrossFlashing’ question then suggest reviewing the “Pioneer DVR-115D CrossFlashed to DVR-A15-J (DVR-115L)” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/pioneer-dvr-115d-crossflashed-dvr-a15-j-dvr-115l-241260) Forum thread.

The DVR-115 series Drive supports CD-TEXT read no matter what the version Model designation.

Regards,
bjkg

Yes I know that the 115D supports CD-TEXT read, I was asking if I could crossflash the 115D to a firmware that supported CD-TEXT right.

Maybe you could check your drives for me?

Thanks
Tropheus

@ Tropheus,

I misunderstood your #13 posting question.

To my knowledge the DVR-115 series Drives only support CD-Text Read capabilities and there is no Firmware modifications that allows Pioneer DVR-115 series Drives Read and Write capabilities.

Regards,
bjkg

Thanks bjkg,

That’s saved me crossflashing my drive

cheers
Tropheus