I’m using a PowerMac G4 dual 1.42GHz tower with two identical recently-purchased DVR-115D internal drives, both set to Cable Select. Operating Mac OS 10.5.2. Updated the factory firmware successfully with DVRFlash 2.5.1. Now, one week later, both drives have suddenly crapped out, at the same exact time. I removed one just to make sure there wasn’t any interference, but still have the following situation:
– the Eject menu shows the drive, but it is not the correct name anymore.
– the System Profiler app also indicates the same changed name.
– Toast 8.0.4 launches whenever I insert a valid CD or DVD that already has info on it, which is not supposed to happen.
– discs never appear on the desktop.
– Toast 8.0.4 fails to burn new CD’s and DVD’s.
– booting from an older 10.4.11 OS on another drive does not make any difference.
The name for both drives is “P OER DD-R DR-115” instead of the formerly correct “PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-115”.
Can somebody help me fix these drives? Or, explain what they think happened? Can I get replacement drives from Pioneer under warranty?
Thanks in advance.