Pioneer DVR-115D; bug or what?

Hey all, it’s the first time ever I asked things about any DVDR so, if there’s anything missing, please tell me!

First, and foremost, the problem! This is what happens… I start burning a DVD (or using Nero CD-DVD Speed) and he starts at about 6.02x and stays there for… I’d say a quarter of the burning time, or so… Then, he just boosts to 8.05x and stays there for about a third of the remaining burning time or so… After that, he just boosts to 12.XXx (It’s variable at that point) for the rest of the burning sequence…

Now, it’s the first DVDR that does it like that cause usually, it starts a little below 6 and always goes up… (Up to the fastest of it’s speed of course)

Is there something wrong here; with my computer? My DVDR?

By the way, my blank DVD’s are Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8x

[QUOTE=Vortaka;1956922]Hey all, it’s the first time ever I asked things about any DVDR so, if there’s anything missing, please tell me!

First, and foremost, the problem! This is what happens… I start burning a DVD (or using Nero CD-DVD Speed) and he starts at about 6.02x and stays there for… I’d say a quarter of the burning time, or so… Then, he just boosts to 8.05x and stays there for about a third of the remaining burning time or so… After that, he just boosts to 12.XXx (It’s variable at that point) for the rest of the burning sequence…

Now, it’s the first DVDR that does it like that cause usually, it starts a little below 6 and always goes up… (Up to the fastest of it’s speed of course)

Is there something wrong here; with my computer? My DVDR?

By the way, my blank DVD’s are Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8x[/QUOTE]Welcome to CDF’s:

You mean like this burn? > http://club.cdfreaks.com/1936378-post11.html If so it’s fine but some people burn those at 8X.

Oh… Well, I mean, if the copy works fine, why not at 12x, right?

Hey, thanks for the very quick answer by the way! Really appreciate it! It seems that I can continue to burn my data safe and sound!

Vortaka

[QUOTE=Vortaka;1956928]Oh… Well, I mean, if the copy works fine, why not at 12x, right?

Hey, thanks for the very quick answer by the way! Really appreciate it! It seems that I can continue to burn my data safe and sound!

Vortaka[/QUOTE]Up to you and yes it’s the users choice. Happy burning.