Pioneer DVR-112D tray won't close when close button pressed

sometimes when I press the eject/close button when the Tray of my Pioneer DVR-112D (1.5 years old) is open it refuses to close. I suspect its the rubber bands wearing out ? I hope this is not the end of my drive cause I love it :slight_smile: Has anyone had this problem with this particular drive or brand and is there anything I can do about it ?

I think its time to get a new one…

When mine started doing that, shortly thereafter it followed this stunt with “I don’t wanna burn no more”

And yeah, I loved mine too

[QUOTE=maicod;2262411]Has anyone had this problem with this particular drive or brand and is there anything I can do about it ?[/QUOTE]

Hi maicod, I’ve got two 112D’s and they both burn well and are very reliable. :slight_smile:

One of them has exactly the same issue as yours. Not every time, but sometimes when I go to close the tray using the eject button it sticks a little and the tray doesn’t go in. Anyway when it does happen all it ever needs is a very gentle nudge with my finger and it goes straight in. So really this hasn’t caused me any grief and I’m certainly not worried about it.

One day I might pull it apart and give it a bit of a clean and lube, but it’s not a priority. I can certainly live with it as it is. It doesn’t effect the burn quality in any way and I don’t think it is any indication of the drives imminent demise.

BTW. Does yours also go straight in with just a little nudge or is it a more serious sticking problem?

[QUOTE=Kingston;2262471]I think its time to get a new one…

When mine started doing that, shortly thereafter it followed this stunt with “I don’t wanna burn no more”

And yeah, I loved mine too[/QUOTE]

thanks for your reply ! To be honest I don’t think there is a link between the tray behaviour and a possible imminent failure of its burn-capabilities.

[QUOTE=uart;2262735]Hi maicod, I’ve got two 112D’s and they both burn well and are very reliable. :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]
I’ve had mine since june 2007 and used it well (also as a reader and CD and DVD-booter) but not too excessively I think.

BTW when I looked up since when I owned it I was surprised it was already 2 years ago. Time goes so fast :frowning:

[QUOTE=uart;2262735]
BTW. Does yours also go straight in with just a little nudge or is it a more serious sticking problem?
[/QUOTE]
yes it does go in when I touch the tray (also when I press the button for a second time)

[QUOTE=maicod;2262831]yes it does go in when I touch the tray (also when I press the button for a second time)[/QUOTE]

Ok then it’s just like mine, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

hehehe no i won’t :slight_smile:

the tray problem got worse :frowning:

it burns fine but it is still annoying. I’ve never had this with other brands readers/writers. Is it a known pioneer quirk? Does anyone know the exact rubber band size ? maybe I can buy one and replace it